Would You

la bala

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't remotely my cup of tea but it's easy to condemn without knowing the facts. For example it could be managed game reserve where certain animals will need to be culled annually to keep populations healthy, and they may sell the right to shoot a certain beast to keep the reserve going - although I would not be surprised if it is a game reserve that is primarily interested in cash rather than the animals. Either way I would find it very had to have any respect for the person that would pay, and presumable travel a long way, just to shoot a giraffe, lion, elephant or hippo etc.

I am surprised anyone wants to shoot a giraffe - if its just to shoot one to add to your total species then for me, its wrong.

I couldnt shoot one, unless its interests were paramount.

I dont understand those who say "dont condemn shooting anything, if you shoot".

We should 'think' we are privileged to do what we do and reflect that in being humane, caring in a wider sense and always be environmentally conscious.

To take what we do for granted and to accept the shooting of any wild animal as a 'legitimate target' by any means, is to diminish our sport in my mind.

A man (or woman) with a gun in the sport of shooting should be ethical and humane and challenge themselves to engage a target only where they can individually and at that moment, justify it completely. Food for the hungry can only be a primary not a secondary reason for example, I believe.

Maybe I'm not with the 'herd' here but we must be our own moralists, our own conscience or shooting will die and I dont think I'd regret it, if I had to justify every such act in the name of 'sport'.

each to their own but not for me!! .

but having said that the OP does not give any information on the reason for killing the animal ...............there are many possibilities

was it injured ? was it causing major problems ?? etc etc

is the meat to used by local residents ?

has it been reared in a game reserve or such like to become a cull animal

was it shot as part of heard maintenance etc

the list goes on

hopefully it was not just shot to give the hunter a high