Thurrock Clay Pigeon Club, Essex

Brodie

No - Separate club. If i'm right, i think it's held at the back of a farm just before the Lower Dunton Road and is skeet based.

If anyone knows, it'll be Evil Elvis.

Have you tried Shrove Hill in Tilbury? They shoot alternate Sundays. Not too many social niceties as you're shooting over a scrapheap, but reasonably challenging targets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I help run a club at the Upminster end of clay tye Rd, near the new golf course just outside Upminster. We do 50 clays for 25 Inc carts or 15 clays only, it's sporting targets, 3 auto traps Inc one with a wobbler, a bunny trap, and some manual traps. High tower in process, big static caravan in which to eat bacon /sausage rolls and drink tea, nice club with some really friendly members, lots of well meaning banter, a 100% safety record going back 40 years. Perfect place to introduce beginners to the sport, as everyone is helpful and willing to lend gear and knowledge, and no-one gets shirty because you're giving instructions to a learner and getting in the way of their quick round.

Pm me if interested.

Mods, if this was out of order, please delete and let me know, not trying to step on anyone's toes,just drum up new members for our club,and maybe help some local shooters get a nearby shoot every other Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

I help run a club at the Upminster end of clay tye Rd, near the new golf course just outside Upminster. We do 50 clays for 25 Inc carts or 15 clays only, it's sporting targets, 3 auto traps Inc one with a wobbler, a bunny trap, and some manual traps. High tower in process, big static caravan in which to eat bacon /sausage rolls and drink tea, nice club with some really friendly members, lots of well meaning banter, a 100% safety record going back 40 years. Perfect place to introduce beginners to the sport, as everyone is helpful and willing to lend gear and knowledge, and no-one gets shirty because you're giving instructions to a learner and getting in the way of their quick round.

Pm me if interested.

Mods, if this was out of order, please delete and let me know, not trying to step on anyone's toes,just drum up new members for our club,and maybe help some local shooters get a nearby shoot every other Sunday.

Hi this club what's the address please I live in witham and am looking for different places to shoot

What's the opening times please

We shoot every other Sunday, and this Sunday is shoot day, we shoot from 10 til 12.30 ish, in squads, shoot three stands then break for tea/coffee, bacon /sausage rolls, and good natured banter, then shoot the other 2.

Rather not give address on open forum, as rather than us owning land, we rent from local farmer, who has various businesses on his land. We aren't a problem every other Sunday, but if people turn up having just skimmed the post as far as the address, not realising that it's not a weekday club, and go wandering around his property carrying shotguns,it wouldn't go well. Not suggesting that you would, but we all have encountered folk in the shooting world who don't think - to be fair, it's usually me.

Similarly, the club is kept as a members club for the same reasons - safe, friendly shooters with good gunhandling will always be welcome back, and to become members, whilst muppets who talk about shooting people and make you nervous whenever they are near firearms don't get a return invitation.

Pm me if you fancy popping along, we're about 25 mins from Witham in good (non A12) traffic, and worth a look. We're no fennes or Dartford, but for an easy unpressured morning breaking clays, or especially if you have beginners who you want to introduce to shooting, we are ideal.