Rifle clubs?

Jonnyscaife

Some clubs operate a few 'visitors days' through the year, others will require you to become probationary members before shooting. You will have to fill in forms whichever way you do it, and will also only be able to shoot under 1:1 supervision for the first few visits.

My local club (on south coast) has visitor days limited to 12 days a year by law after late if you wish to join you are a probationary member for a period of not less than 3 months and completed 10 supervised shooting visits which is recorded. Then after 10 visits completed your card goes before the commititee to be reviewed and if all ok you will be a full member. Bear in mind that before becoming probationary member there police checks so be prepared for a wait. Once full member you can apply for FAC and only calibers that can be used on club ranges eg if indoor small bore .22 etc.

It is not a 2 minute job more like a year if you are lucky.

Yeah I've been down to Yorkshire shooting centre this aft! Gave me a form to fill out and need to wait a few weeks to get on a safety talk then I can shoot. Gonna become a probationary member hopefully a full one at the end of it as it's something I'm really interested in doing. Cheers lads

No there was a lass behind the bar. I saw a man called tino I think his name is according to the website. Seemed like a nice bloke! I'm excited to get cracking! Always wanted to do it just didn't know how to go about it. Any other decent clubs in the Yorkshire area I don't mind a drive?