Charity shoot

deershooter

I don't think the North/South line makes any difference,

People will turn up for the craic/shoot/just to meet folk/renew friendships and have fun.

The actual result is not that important, yes it's the subject of a lot of banter but its the day and money raised for charity that's the important part.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't come because of where the dividing line is?

:shaun:

Where is the shoot and when

From events and meets

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

2015-PWNorthVsSouthLogoSmall_zpsuygsxmvj Registration for the 2015 Charity Shoot is now open! 2015-PWNorthVsSouthLogoSmall_zpsuygsxmvj
The Pigeon Watch North v South Charity Shoot will be at Orston Shooting Ground, in Nottinghamshire on Saturday 16th May 2015.

The 6th annual charity shoot, will follow the usual format and will be 100 birds (Sporting discipline). It is open to people of all abilities, The scores range widely - from 19 to 96, and in the five previous years more than £21,000 has been raised for Charity!

* This year we will be once again be raising money for Orchid Cancer. This will be the fourth year that we have raised for Orchid, and we have raised more than £15,000 for them!
* As many of you will know Orchid plays a leading role in the fight against male cancers through world class research, awareness and education campaigns and by supporting patients.
* The cost for the shooters taking part will be £50.00 - £15.00 of this going directly to the Charity good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif (the other £35.00 is what Orston charge per person).
* Bacon roll and tea / coffee provided when ground opens (included in price)
* There will be a Prize giving and the famous charity raffle at the end of the shoot!
* To attend the Charity Shoot, you will need to send PAYMENT in advance this is now OPEN but will close a couple of weeks prior to the event. We suggest payment is made EARLY to guarantee a place.
Registering for the day
Paying via Paypal can be done using the button below (the extra £1.90 is Paypal's fees) Payment can also be made by Bank transfer (save paypal fees!)- please PM Teal for details.

Further details / Format of the day

* Squads of around 6 people will be arranged prior to the day
* This event will be open to CURRENT Pigeon Watch members only
* Money will be IN ADVANCE, no one will turn up and shoot on the day.
* Shooting start time is to be confirmed, but will be around 10am
* Each squad will have their own guide and scorer provided by the shooting ground- whose decision is final
* The AVERAGE SCORES from the top ten shots from the North and South will be calculated and the highest team score will win the day.
* There will be a CHARITY raffle at the end of the day. There will be a separate page set-up for Raffle donations.
* There will be a prize-giving, announcement and time for banter at the end of the shoot
Number of Places for PW Charity Shoot 1 shooter £51.70 GBP 2 shooters £103.10 GBP 3 shooters £154.60 GBP 4 shooters £206.10 GBP 5 shooters £257.60 GBP
pixel.gif

Come on lads and lasses we have 1742 pages of members and 44 have signed up for the charity shoot !!!!

,dig deep it's only once a year, a £15 donation is not even 5 pints of beer these days we should be able to get at least 200 members for this

Shame on you

I don't really think there is any shame in not attending or donating.

Not sure there is a clique, there are a lot of folks who have gotten to know each other through joining in.

I have not had the good fortune to meet anybody from PW yet, but if i can manage to attend the shoot then will look forward to meeting the people behind the posts.

This post actually drew my attention to the event. I never check the events page.

I am half tempted to go but I think there's a tight knit clicky group on PW and those are the members that are going.

This will be my 3rd charity shoot, I only know a small handful of members off this forum.

It's open to all pigeon watch members regardless if you know each other or not, a great meeting place for the love of our sport of shooting.

Don't be shy it's for a worthy cause :good:

This post actually drew my attention to the event. I never check the events page.

I am half tempted to go but I think there's a tight knit clicky group on PW and those are the members that are going.

I thought that last year and was wrong I found them all a very friendly helpfull bunch of people all with the same aim a good day out and to raise money for charity

I'm sorry that you think its a clicky group perhaps if you did venture out you may find the same as I did went as a total stranger and came away with many memories and some people I can now call freinds

I hope you change your mind and look forward to seeing you there

All the best

Of

I have attended every charity shoot so far (I think there are 8 of us that have done)

I knew nobody apart from posting on here at the first one,

I now know quite a few members off here, and whilst you say there is a tight knit clicky group (I have never met them at a charity shoot) I can assure you that you would be made to feel welcome and meet like minded people,

You may also meet people who turn out to be friends in the making....As Old Farrier said, he knew nobody last year and travelled from the IOW, I know he has met people off here from that shoot that he is proud to call friends,

Don't take what you see being written on here as clicky, most of it is good natured banter, yes some of it gets a bit serious and personal at times but at the charity shoots ALL animosity and attitudes get left at the gate and Won't be allowed to spoil anyones day,

I have found most of the people that write silly stuff (clicky as you say) don't come, as Will and Phil say, they come to support the day/meet like minded people/shoot AT some clays and have fun.

Come along, you may be suprised :friends:

:shaun:

It really is a great day, clicky? No far from it, most definitely a great opportunity to meet like minded folk who can become friends