HW 77k off to Sandwell

pat g

Last year i decided that i was missing a spring air rifle. I don't shoot air guns that much these days but have kept my AA s410 carbine for those vermin jobs that demand sub 12 ft lbs. Handy.

Anyway i do miss shooting a spring gun so last year i decided that i wanted a 77k. Always admired them from being a kid. However i was swayed by the then newly available Walther LGU. Mistake!!!. Not so much to do with the rifle more to do with me not being able to get on with it and in truth still hankering for a 77k. So px the LGU and i'm a proud owner of a new 77k.

I've put approx 3-4 tins of pellets through it (aa express) being its staple diet up to now. The rifle is in .177 flavour by the way.

I had always had the intention since buying the rifle to have it tuned by Tony wall at SFS so two weeks ago whilst in the West Bromwich area i dropped her off.

I have opted for it to be stage 2 tuned. I thought whilst i'm here i'll get the full treatment as i intend this rifle to be a keeper. I have to say i'm wishing the rifle was back but SFS said 8-10 weeks turn around :unhappy: but hey ho.

Just wondering if any of the PW folk have a stage 2 tuned HW and what do you think. I'm sure everyone will have their prefered tuner but SFS seem to have a good name where HW's are concerned so any info greatly appreciated.

ATB,

Pat

Last year i decided that i was missing a spring air rifle. I don't shoot air guns that much these days but have kept my AA s410 carbine for those vermin jobs that demand sub 12 ft lbs. Handy.

Anyway i do miss shooting a spring gun so last year i decided that i wanted a 77k. Always admired them from being a kid. However i was swayed by the then newly available Walther LGU. Mistake!!!. Not so much to do with the rifle more to do with me not being able to get on with it and in truth still hankering for a 77k. So px the LGU and i'm a proud owner of a new 77k.

I've put approx 3-4 tins of pellets through it (aa express) being its staple diet up to now. The rifle is in .177 flavour by the way.

I had always had the intention since buying the rifle to have it tuned by Tony wall at SFS so two weeks ago whilst in the West Bromwich area i dropped her off.

I have opted for it to be stage 2 tuned. I thought whilst i'm here i'll get the full treatment as i intend this rifle to be a keeper. I have to say i'm wishing the rifle was back but SFS said 8-10 weeks turn around :unhappy: but hey ho.

Just wondering if any of the PW folk have a stage 2 tuned HW and what do you think. I'm sure everyone will have their prefered tuner but SFS seem to have a good name where HW's are concerned so any info greatly appreciated.

ATB,

Pat

My HW97KT Stage two tuned by Tony ...... away for thirteen weeks .... very pleased with his work.... Worth the wait.

Yep so mauch work on they just have to go and join the que.

Last spring I bought a SFS IMP (HW99s tuned and cut down) really pleased with it and the only springer ive ever owned. Myself I just wouldnt have a springer unless Tony/SFS had tuned it, ive shot a fair few standard springers and ones tuned by others but for me none come close to Tonys work.

ATB

Matt

Thanks for the comments guys. Sounds like its going to be worth the wait then. From what i understand SFS do have a lot of work in. That in itself says alot to me.

Also from what i've read and from what i'm lead to believe Tony Wall treats every rifle the same and takes great pride in his work and aftersales. No rifle leaves the shop until he's satisfied that its performing as it should. In other words he won't take short cuts and this is probably one of the reasons for the long wait.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and obviously i'll report back when the rifle is returned :good:

ATB,

Pat

Pressure of work.

I kind of realised they must be very busy (and good), just never makes much sense to me to have guns/cars/anything just sat in the corner not being worked on for weeks at a time when they could schedule them to be sent in as and when they are realistically have time to get on with the job in hand.

Sounds like it will be worth the wait though :good:

I took delivery of a SFS Chieftan in .177 two weeks ago. Great service at the shop when I went in to pick up the rifle. Sol was very knowledgable and talked me through everything. I bought a new optic, sling, case, pellets etc etc etc. the guys set my rifle up and couldn't have been nicer. Got the rifle home and straight out of the box brand new I hit 20 bulls eyes at 20 metres. I still have the target as a memento. I cannot believe how well it shoots. Anything up to 30 metres in my garden has zero chance of life once that bad boy is poked out of the window (corvids, pigeons,rats). Spend the money you will not be disappointed. They also do a cracking cup of tea. I also put a deposit on a SFS Imp while I was there, can't wait to get hold of that.

ATB

Mike

SFS Chieftan .177 MTC Mamba + NS200

RAT WORKS BSA R10 MK11 .22 Hawke

RAT WORKS Reaper BSA ULTRA SE .22 Hawke