Browning Gold 10....

widgeon man

Dont know what's wrong with me this year, but already planning ahead for next season. Enjoying flighting geese more and more having spent a good few years on the duck. So I treated myself to a browning gold ten light 28"........ What a bit of kit! Shot 27/8", 3.5" 86 mm win and 89 mm rem cases straight out of the box on clays today 😃 easy to shoot and seems well made, enjoyed my bps 10 combined with winny xx mags through a terror .720 so much in Scotland ( inland) I had to have an auto!

The bps is a cannon..... But an awesome goose flighting gun with 30" barrel, taken several duck and geese with it even with terror choke in, with one shot!

I will be toting it along up your way next season fenboy, so will no doubt cross paths at some point 😊............ Just don't sit near me and wipe my eye with a 12 eh?! 😜

There is a tidy rem sp10 in camo 26" near me saddler.......... But parts are hard to come by and a lot more to wear out on an Ithaca/ rem so-10

The bps is a cannon..... But an awesome goose flighting gun with 30" barrel, taken several duck and geese with it even with terror choke in, with one shot!

I will be toting it along up your way next season fenboy, so will no doubt cross paths at some point ............ Just don't sit near me and wipe my eye with a 12 eh?!

There is a tidy rem sp10 in camo 26" near me saddler.......... But parts are hard to come by and a lot more to wear out on an Ithaca/ rem so-10

Yes I am sure we will , perhaps we have already , I am in two new clubs for the coming season and looking forward to doing more than ever !

You're not the only one trying to get sorted for next season, i'm thinking of swapping my 10 out for something different!

A bit of advice Mat , please dont take it the wrong way, but stop dicking about chopping and changing guns , you will never shoot well , get a decent gun and stick with it , your doing yourself no favours.

I've re- invented the wheel...... 12ga o/u 3.5" for moon/duck shooting( with mostly 23/4" and 3" tbh) and 10 ga for the geese....

Tried auto 12 3.5" as a do all gun..... It comes close but a 12 will never do what a 10 can ( more forgiving pattern at range) a 12 ga with tung iron held straight goes a very long way indeed though!

Wise advice Fenboy..... Beware the man with one gun!

A bit of advice Mat , please dont take it the wrong way, but stop dicking about chopping and changing guns , you will never shoot well , get a decent gun and stick with it , your doing yourself no favours.

Changing guns is fun, but have found the one that I really click with now. Only wished I got the gold 10 in 30"!

Changing guns is fun, but have found the one that I really click with now. Only wished I got the gold 10 in 30"!

It may be fun , but being able to hit what you are shooting at more times than not is more fun :yes:

You can spend a fortune keep changing guns in the hope it is going to help your shooting when in reality the money would be better spent on a decent lesson / gun fit session at least then when you do go and buy a new one you know what dimensions you are looking for within reason.

One gun - only 10 I have is an H&R 176 single barrel job

Just wondered what size loads are you putting through your H&R single, I have a Ugartechea 10 sxs and at 91/4 lb I find it hurts a bit with 21/4 oz lead loads and now tend to use about 50gm loads

Edited by islandgun

• 2 weeks later...