Very Productive Day, In More Than One Way

Elk hunter

I've been trying to purchases a 3 Axis Mounting Stand of my taxidermy for the past week. There's nowhere in the UK that has any, then buying one from abroad becomes very expense. The only alternative was to make one.

Went up to the farm workshop and went through the scrap bin and steel pile looking for suitable bits. I had the dimensions and a rough drawing to work from. Found what I needed and started with box steel and steel pipe. As I was working I could here a commotion coming from the back of the lambing shed.

Looking Rough.

2b8e3295c6ea670bc6c440f55782cec0.jpg

Grabbed a rifle and headed over, to find the corvids dancing around a young lamb. Found a suitable hole and nailed a sucker. Nipped out and collected my bounty before heading back. Over the morning I bagged another 3 rooks, two with one shot by the feed trough and another on the water trough.

Bounty

d5be40103032bb46070b13cbd4940dbf.jpg

Floater

354cff7e1d969927471990a7be1908de.jpg

Managed to get my stand finished by mid afternoon. All to do was paint after sanding, the wields aren't the best but acceptable for an amateur fabricator. Back home I set up the mount on the bench and it works a treat. But I had 4 birds to bone and pack into the freezer before finishing.

Painted

1c5cc4020fa4486508188c4ff0d5e740.jpg

And it works

604696e98969a096c171c7cdc74f258c.jpg

Didn't stop there after boning the crow I carried on and mounted it athough not fully finished. But all in all a very productive day.

Andrew.

Finished for the day

a33f031dedd162471553d38baa8f38d9.jpg