George Digweed

Gordon R

I think that, unless you are a shooter, you do not realise what an achievement hitting target after target actually is, and very few get the chance to rectify that. I have had countless numbers of people tell me "I have always wanted to do that" when they learn that I shoot clays. I give them my card and tell them to contact me if they ever wish to 'have a go'. Very few ever follow that up though. A lot seem to think it is too expensive and well beyond their means and it is often portrayed as that on the television. All of the 'open' days held around the Country at various times of the year, designed to encourage new shooters are always very poorly advertised. It is as if we wish to keep a low profile and avoid any adverse publicity. I have worked at many 'open' days and the clay shooting has been by far the busiest of all of the shooting available, the unfortunate thing was, those attending were all brought by other shooters, due to a complete lack of advertising very few were people 'off the street'. I know that the organisers of the events contacted local media, but the information was never published. No, I am afraid it is just not PC to be involved with firearms in any way, or that is the way the media view it.

Edited by Westley

• 2 weeks later...