What 4x4?

Pistol*Pete

Looking for some advice? Im looking at getting a 4x4, Ive looked at loads and loads but i just can't make my mind up? I need something to fit my Gun, dogs, kids and the Mrs in? lol in that order as well! :lol::lol:

Free Lander

Discovery

X trail

Qashqai?

XC90

L200

Does anyone already own any of these? Any recommendations? :hmm::hmm:

TIA

Pistol

I love my freelander. 3 kids, one of them big; 3 dogs, one of them big. Transk9 b21 in the back. Can't fault on any grounds. I think it's 2007 and we've had no probs at all. Before we can get a second large (65 cm at withers) dog, though (therefore 4th in total), we'll have to go disco. One small, one med, one large is fine though, and one small, two medium, one large (till recently) was manageable too.

And it's made in the midlands, which is important to me.

Depends what you want , if you are going to use it as a family car and do not want smelly dogs in with the wife and kids then the L200 is the only option on your list .

If off road performance is what matters then the discovery may be the one .

If you want to guarentee reliability as far as possible you do not want a discovery or freelander .

Economy wise the qashqui would win hands down but will be of little use off road .

If I had to pick one as a all rounder it would perhaps be the xtrail.

I've got a Freelander 2, 11 plate. Really lucky to have this as my first ever car, only passed my test at the age of 32 last October.

Its only me that uses it for shooting and fishing, I get all my gear in no problem (when I have the back seats down I can get all the fishing tackle I need for several nights carp fishing in) and it's gone everywhere I've needed to go with it so far. Really good fun driving on some of the dodgy tracks which lead to shoots and lakes.

Fuel economy isn't bad, get just over 40 to the gallon on a motorway run and it sits doing 70 no problem.

Depending on what your budget is . I have just bought a new l200 warrior . I looked at all the pickups and the best deal is on the l200 . They have a face lift model out towards the end of the summer and are discounting present stock . Some real bargains if you know how to haggle .

Harnser