winchester sxp waterfowl 3.5inch chambered pump

superspark

Went to my local gunshop "open day" today and spoke to the winchester rep about certain sxp waterfowl 3.5inch chambered pumps firing with the safety still engaged. He explained, while there has not been a recall notice issued yet it's on the cards. There are about 100 units which will need to be checked for faulty parts which under certain conditions can allow the gun to fire with safety still ingauged. Mine has now been sent back for testing and some other issues I'm having with the gun. Hopefully it won't be to long before its back and sorted.

had a look at some 3" sxp but could not find a 3.5" one to have a look at as nobody locally stocked them and could order one in but were not in a hurry to do so, so I ended up with a Mossberg 535 very pleased so far have not tried any 3.5" steel to date but shoots well out of the box no stock adjustments needed very pleased all round

Hi,

I'm new here, please bare with me.

Just found this topic on the net and decided to sign up and share my experience.

I purchased a new Winchester SXP waterfowl 28" in January 2015. I've put somewhere in the region of 2000 shells through it since then, including about 400 3.5" magnums. The gun has never missed a beat! It has always loaded and performed without a fault. I brought it with the sole intention of wildfowling, but have since used it for pigeon and clays!

Then last week I received a letter from Browning explaining the need for a recall, and that I was advised to no longer use the gun and return it to my dealer. This has been done today.

The letter from Browning claims a turn around time of 4 weeks, with a "free gift" for the inconvenience.

I'll update once it's back.

Yep, I was a victim of Browning uk customer services, 4 weeks, no communication, not even an acknowledgement email and not even an ******* sticker!

Even my local dealer was pulling his hair out.

Mine wasn't a mass recall, so experience may differ, but I will not buy another gun from the current importers. Useless.

Having returned my Winchester to my local dealer last week, I've decided I can't wait four weeks so decided to part exchange it and brought a Hatsan Extreme Max, 26" magnum in its place.

Used it twice this week and so far so good. Bagged 34 pigeon in two nights. Nice gun for not a lot of cash. I know some people don't think much about Hatsans being Turkish - but it's comes with an "alleged" 3 year no quibble warranty.

And after all, where was the Winchester made.... Turkey.

I wonder it they will still send me my "free gift"?