another great day on drilling

yickdaz

the day started with me trawling round our far flung permissions, with the intent on looking at the more local farms on my way back if I found nothing on the other places, and that's what I ended up doing because there was nothing worth getting out of the car for,, I met up with the old fella on the farm we shot 151 last sat still a lot of birds in the area he had been watching for an hour and said there was 2 places they were heading for so the plan was same as last week spilt up and shoot 2 fields and the one getting the least shooting would join the one getting the most, I set up at 2.30pm up on the drill upwind of him after 30 mins I had 2 down and it didn,t look good birds wouldn,t commit bearing in mind they had been shot at twice in the last week last sat, and midweek I thought they had become decoy shy, that was until I set the rotary up and all hell broke loose with birds diving in from all angles, I quickly got to 30 down then I rang the old fella to tell him to come over to my position, he had heard the shooting anyhow last sat it was the other way around I joined him, anyway we carried on shooting, by 6pm we was down to our last few carts that we had on us and approx. 90 or so birds down, I had 200 in the car so I hastily grabbed a box from the boot and back in the hide I knew we could make the ton before the birds dried up on us the box was gone in 20 mins and with it the birds so a long pack up and many trips with the gear and dead birds

107 in the pic old fella had 8 in the car from his earlier position so 115 picked with about 6 lost so back to back tons on the same farm but different field

post-21887-0-39636000-1429990433_thumb.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

Well done again , its nice when it all starts going well .

Hopefully things will start picking up my way soon , another ride around without setting up today , I am sure it will come good for me the same as it has for you this last couple of weeks :good:

Great result, birds here in hereford are feeding very late indeed you wont see a pigeon on the fields til 3pm, and must do your reconnaissance very late , what looks like a no go situation, an hour later is blue with pigeon! Again a very good day well done

Well done again , its nice when it all starts going well .

Hopefully things will start picking up my way soon , another ride around without setting up today , I am sure it will come good for me the same as it has for you this last couple of weeks :good:

well it won,t last for us I can assure you most of if not all the drillings will have germinated by next weekend then another long wait till harvest unless we get some on laid crops

I was wondering where all the woodies had gone :ermm: another top result there daz, freezer on overtime as PC would say. :good:

game dealers tomorrow bud, nearly 300 to take in no more room in freezers