Wrist Pain

mickyh

Has anyone suffered from wrist pain after shooting?

Recently, after shooting clays (50, occasionally 100) I'm suffering pain in my wrist.

Trigger hand, little finger side where the wrist joins the hand.

It feels like the pain you get when a broken wrist is healing (bike racing days).

This has only just started to happen over the last couple of months, but I've been shooting clays every week for years.

Old injury coming back to haunt or common problem?

Your thoughts Gents/Ladies

Thank you.

Edited by mickyh

I have osteoarthritis starting in my wrists and I have had to swap down to a low recoil cartridges as I was getting the same as you. I was shooting Eley firsts 28g but am now trying out some 28g low recoil. So far am OK if I don't shoot more than 50.

Thanks for that, a trip to the Doctors seems in order and a blood test.

Bloody Old Age !

Check that your grip around the stock has not altered, if an adjustable trigger try moving it back a notch. You could also try a wrist support. Aldi had them a week ago, they may still have some at around £3. Then again, if like me, it is an age thing. I have been reduced to using my Beretta 303 because of a trapped nerve and being unable to lift my O/U. Good Luck.

Check that your grip around the stock has not altered, if an adjustable trigger try moving it back a notch. You could also try a wrist support. Aldi had them a week ago, they may still have some at around £3. Then again, if like me, it is an age thing. I have been reduced to using my Beretta 303 because of a trapped nerve and being unable to lift my O/U. Good Luck.

Thank you.

I do coaching especial kids when you have help support the gun or steer it, old injuries broken wrist now wear a wrist support, it's showing your age or past mistakes.

Interesting post, but seems to have some bits missing? Anyway thank you.

Thing is, it doesn't hurt whilst I'm shooting, its later on, in the garden today after shooting I went to pick up a large plant pot and I thought I'd been Tasered!

Electric shock right up my arm.

Unbelievable pain and a broken pot.

The wife was not to pleased!

Does the pain also disappear as quickly as it came? I've got an intermittent pain which affects my left wrist and my left ancle. Usually a couple of days after strenuous exercise -several days making weeds homeless or a long walk - and then with no warning a horrible pain which, as someone described it, as if I had been Tasered. The pain only lasts seconds but wow tears to the eyes! This has been going on for a couple of years now. Old age - I'm the wrong side of 60 now?

i had wrist pain for a long time on and off...also knees...elbows............i had to wear compression supports...............

since i have given up white and factory made bread......i havnt had any pain in my joints in 9 mths................my wrist was so painful sometimes i couldnt change gear on the car ...now...nothing gives me a problem

One thing I have found with my wrists is that I curl my hands round when asleep if the pain is bad which makes them worse next day. To stop myself doing this I wear Oppo supports on both hands overnight which seems to ease it quite a lot.

These are the ones.

http://ableworld.co.uk/products/6975/hand-and-wrist-splint/