Rifle Cabinet size ?

kapow

At the moment I have single size rifle cabinet,it is used for a scoped 22lr and to be fair its a bit cramped when putting the rifle away.

I only intened having 1 rifle but after a while I realised the CZ 455 22lr bolt needs a 22lr semi,ruger10/22 and a likely .308 to go with it.

So I would like to get a cabinet for 3 scoped rifles,when you see the cabs empty thery look big but when I got the single home!

Can anyone give a size that's going house 3 rifles with out being huge,i don't want too much spare room to call for another rifle!

Get the biggest you can manage.

The tend to be described in shotgun terms "5 guns" but when you fit in a couple of rifles with scopes or night vision attached it all gets very squashed and things can easily get bashed about a bit.

The depth (front to back) also matters a lot when a scope is attached.

I bought a 5 gun cabinet, it was only really suitable for a couple of rifles, then bought a 10 gun cabinet which sits alongside it.

One big gun safe is a lot more spacious than a couple of smaller gun safes as hinges and door opening all eat into the useful area.

I think mines a Brattonsound RL7. At it's most full it had 3 scoped rifles and 2 shotguns and there was enough room not to clatter guns into each other. Physically it's not a ridiculous size either I can measure it up if it would help.

Edit: Mines an RD7 as it doesn't have an internal ammo safe, prices around £220 which isn't that much more than I paid years ago.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Get the biggest your space / budget will allow, chances are you will get more rifles / shotguns as time passes, even if you don't its nice to have a large opening and space so your guns don't get knocked about.

my first was a 3 shotgun safe that I soon out grew, I sold that and bought a 6 rifle one and have now outgrown that and had to buy an additional 6 gun safe so now I have 2 x 6 gun cabinets and a small ammo safe. It looks messy. wish I'd just bought a 14 gun safe to start with.

I've got a Brattonsound 5 rifle (for scoped guns so RL5?) with internal top cabinet which will easily take 24 inch barrelled rifles Realistically if you don't want to knock guns taking them in and out, especially if you're cabinet is hidden away in a tight space, then I think this is only a 4 gun cabinet. If you have bulky NV on a gun then I'd drop it down to 3 gun.

They are however great cabinets!

Edited by LeadWasp