Help with buying L200

southeastpete

Hi, I'm looking at an L200 (2010, 2.5 barbarian auto).

I'm going back tomorrow, but on the test drive, when going over potholes there was a small amount of feedback from the front wheels through the steering column. There was no looseness in the steering or feedback in normal conditions.

Does anyone have any thoughts what it is or could be, is it normal?

When should the cam belt be changed? And does anyone know of any other common things I should look for?

Many thanks,

Pete

cam belt about 40k-45k, I have a l200 and it has never let me down. I put on a new set of rear leaf springs recently about £100 each, as they are a common thing on them. I got the heavy duty leaf springs with extra leaf on them. I think you will find the feed back was just from the pot hole.

Hi, thanks for the reply. We test drove another just to see. It wasn't normal pothole feedback, it felt almost as though a steering column mount was loose. I'm thinking some worn bushes somewhere in the steering. I walked away from it, as it was definately not right, and the salesmen were pushy.

Just remember ,all the pick ups are commercial vehicles and they are not the same as cars . I have a brand new l200 warrior that will rattle a bit over the bumps . Don't expect them to be car like . Most have cart springs on the back and won't behave like your normal run of the mill car .

Harnser

It wasn't a rattle , like trim rattling, there was definately something mechanically loose that shouldn't have been. May have been something easy and cheap, but I'd rather wait and find one in better nick. They don't half hold their value though! 2011 navara, 60,000 miles, £12000!

Occasionally they pop up with around 30,000 miles, but they go so quickly!

It wasn't a rattle , like trim rattling, there was definately something mechanically loose that shouldn't have been. May have been something easy and cheap, but I'd rather wait and find one in better nick. They don't half hold their value though! 2011 navara, 60,000 miles, £12000!

Occasionally they pop up with around 30,000 miles, but they go so quickly!

Contact Dean at Firs Garage Hook Norton