The Price Of A Labrador Puppy ?

I am now started to look for a Lab pup to go with the one I have got now , as he is now coming up for 9 and showing signs of stiffness after a time out pigeon shooting.

This one will be the first one I will be buy without a wage coming in as I now rely on my pension and looking at todays prices is a bit mind boggling with prices ranging from low hundreds to nearly four figures ,

So I have had to set myself a limit of £350 for a dog and not a bitch ,as time hes had his jabs and the other bits and pieces of owning a puppy I wouldn't get a lot of change out of £500 .

I know its like asking how long a bit of string is , but what would you say is a fair price nowadays and is £350 enough for a decent dog ?........Thanks.

Slightly different but I was looking for a cheap cocker to be my hide dog and I was also not looking to spend over £350, it took a while but eventually found a litter selling for £250 each, my dog is now over a year old and is already a great hide dog, the key thing is to be patient

The other way if you are not fixed on a puppy is to look for a rehome. Some are with problems, but not all and there are some very nice part trained dogs out their who are in need of a new home due to circumstances. Adverts often come up in other sales on here if you are prepared to wait a while.

Or you could advertise in the wanted section.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Thanks for the advice and replies , I am going to look at two litters tomorrow in that price range and if there like the ones I have looked at in the past then my heart rules my head , so time I get home we should have a new addition in the family. :good:

Look on as many sites, magazines as possible and keep a open mind, when you look take note if it looks like the breeder is doing it for a few quid ,every owners dog is the best. My experience bred all my dogs apart from my first, and will be in your position for my next as my ideal litter is very small not in it for the money. Best of luck with your search.

new%20puppy%20002_zpsio2bciff.jpg

Just a update on the litters I went to look at today , well as it turned out it was litter rather than litters .

I got there , which was around 60 miles from mine in heavy rain , the chap went and showed us the dad and then mum ( which were both working dogs ) with her pups and like I said my heart took over my head and within 10 minutes the one in the photo was my new canine family member.

The price was bang on my limit and I pick it up the next bank holiday weekend , all in all a very good days work .......roll on 3 weeks time.

Thanks for your nice replies , much appreciated ,

I am now looking forward to the challenges that lies ahead in the coming months , as I am sure there will be several .

So whatever your doing today enjoy the nice weather while it lasts and have a good bank holiday .

Thanks for your nice replies , much appreciated ,

I am now looking forward to the challenges that lies ahead in the coming months , as I am sure there will be several .

So whatever your doing today enjoy the nice weather while it lasts and have a good bank holiday .

He's a good looking pup marsh man.

I took mine up to the beach at Salthouse with the gf and her collies today, he was having great fun swimming in the sea!

He's a good looking pup marsh man.

I took mine up to the beach at Salthouse with the gf and her collies today, he was having great fun swimming in the sea!

You picked a good day to give young Frank a swim in a lovely part of the North Norfolk coast , keep up the good work Mat and he will be raring to go when the season roll round again .