Ideas For Defrosting Frozen Decoy Pigeons

Attach It to your roof aerial on your vehicle. Takes 20 miles at roughly 30 mph.Give or take a few miles or the legal speed limit you can travel at.Obviously you have to take the Ambiente temperature into account.

Driving down the motorway at 70 mph at 10-15 degrees excels defrosting time, so adjust your, speed accordingly for the perfect, defrosted pigeon.

When I go at short notice I use eight dead pigeons straight out of the freezer.

I have got a metal basket that rest on the top inside the freezer that hold eight on there backs , I let the heads and neck go through the mesh at the bottom so when I take them out they are all ready in the standing position, and with a bit of luck it shouldn't take to long to get a couple to put on your magnet. plus if your only going for a short time you can put the frozen ones back in the freezer if there still solid and lay eight out the same ready for the next time you go , resulting in no wastage . :good:

If you freeze them in a good posture you can use them frozen ..... I insert a wooden peg through the chest into the skull then freeze with the wings tucked in ... Always freeze them individually and let them defrost whilst there decaying for you

Hope that helps

Ment decoying for you lol

Some interesting methods for warming up a bird!! some might get you the cold shoulder off the misses though.

which ever you use, a good tip is to put an elastic band around one of the legs ( pigeons leg) or cut a foot off (pigeon) so you know which birds have been defrosted so you don't send them to the game dealer and into the food chain. if you have a good day it maybe hard to find the original 10 frozen ones!!

Flycoy

Some interesting methods for warming up a bird!! some might get you the cold shoulder off the misses though.

which ever you use, a good tip is to put an elastic band around one of the legs ( pigeons leg) or cut a foot off (pigeon) so you know which birds have been defrosted so you don't send them to the game dealer and into the food chain. if you have a good day it maybe hard to find the original 10 frozen ones!!

Flycoy

Not if you yous breasted out birds. :good:

Some interesting methods for warming up a bird!! some might get you the cold shoulder off the misses though.which ever you use, a good tip is to put an elastic band around one of the legs ( pigeons leg) or cut a foot off (pigeon) so you know which birds have been defrosted so you don't send them to the game dealer and into the food chain. if you have a good day it maybe hard to find the original 10 frozen ones!!Flycoy

I always tie a string around the leg of the decoys so I can find and discard at the end of the day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...