What is a good clay score?

I shoot there every weekend but they often change the layout of the traps. This weekend they introduced a new high tower, with a bird launched high and across, which was good fun.

I try to always start on the same beginners stand to get relaxed but then I hop around stands dependent on what's available. Quite often leave a couple of stands out as several shoot into the sun and you soon lose site of the clay.

While your score is decent enough its not telling you much if you are picking which stands to shoot and missing some of the trickier ones out .

You need to shoot a whole layout to really know how you are doing.

While your score is decent enough its not telling you much if you are picking which stands to shoot and missing some of the trickier ones out .

You need to shoot a whole layout to really know how you are doing.

That's the truth. You've got to do them all every time for consistency.

What does the score matter?

You aren’t going to eat any of those clays so it doesn't matter how many you hit or missed. All that matters is that you enjoyed shooting and breaking the ones that you did break. Hopefully you had some good friends to shoot with and you had a good day.

This

What does the score matter?

You aren’t going to eat any of those clays so it doesn't matter how many you hit or missed. All that matters is that you enjoyed shooting and breaking the ones that you did break. Hopefully you had some good friends to shoot with and you had a good day.

While I see your point surely the aim of any sport is that you should be as good as you can possibly be , yes you should enjoy it or there is no point sticking with it but equally you should be looking to improve along the way.

While I see your point surely the aim of any sport is that you should be as good as you can possibly be , yes you should enjoy it or there is no point sticking with it but equally you should be looking to improve along the way.

It also depends on why people take it up and do it.

there are a bunch I lads I shot with on a Sunday that do it just as a hobby and enjoy getting out don't enter competitions.

me on the other hand I am out to enter comps and do the best I can.

but as is said you need to do every stand to work out what are your weak birds.

But, if you do not bother about your score, how do you know if you have shot more than the said '30'. After over 55 years of shooting both live quarry and clays, and a good many Competitions. The group of 'Victor Meldrew's' that I shoot with, and I, always keep score. By doing that, it gives you something to better next time you shoot. If 'scores' count for so little, why do we take and publish photographs of the day's 'bag'. In my experience those who maintain that there scores "do not matter" are quite right, their scores do not matter !

Sorry bad english I don't bother about my score as in I don't let it worry me I keep score but don't worry about it