Lyalvale Pigeon Power

I had a bit of Terry time yesterday, and went out to my favourite permission, built a hide, no decoys sat under a tree (known flight line) and waited for the birds.

I was not disappointed the birds came in high and fast to both sides as well as straight on.

If I had put decoys out, which I had in the Truck I would have had a bumper day (sort of regret not doing so :unhappy: ) but I wanted to test the Pigeon power cartridges on more testing targets.

I have used these cartridges, Fibre Wads, a few times now and to good effect, I have to say I am really pleased with them.

Well to cut a long story short I had some real distant birds that came down dead, Including Crows, good clean kills, 50 plus mixed bag mainly Woodies all picked.

The Cartridges are nice and soft on the shoulder and hard on the Quarry, and I will certainly be using them again.

I cannot get out for a couple of weeks and this permission is throwing up some good numbers.

I have phoned a friend and asked him go out for me today or tomorrow and I am trying to find someone else to go out for me on Saturday.

It has to be someone that has been to the permission before as I cannot be there to introduce and set up, so please do not ask on this occasion.

Terry

Terry you done well to spite not having decoys out. there is nothing about in my part of Hertfordshire, when out today drove around my perms and did not even take the gun out of the car it was that bad and has been for the past month. I find those cartridges in 29g 6's quite good and as you say soft on the shoulder.

A friend and me bought a slab the other week as one farm I shoot called me to say there was masses of pigeon on his bean field and could I come and sort them out, brilliant cartridge definitely will be buying more, we ended the day on 63 birds should of been a lot more but we were both a bit rusty not been out since January that's my excuse anyway lol I dropped a couple of really good high birds to my friends amazement and a couple of good L&Rs and we only paid £42.50 for the slab which we thought was a good price ! What's everyone else paying ?

Atb Dave