Land Rover Side Steps

tp://s32.photobucket.com/user/loriusgarrulus/media/20150504_115748.jpg.html]20150504_115748.jpg[/url]

This was one of the Land Rover side steps I bought second hand after I have removed the rubber step cover off it.

It had at some time had an additional coat of paint over the original, which I think is powder coat. A coating of Mitromors removed the extra paint layer.

After a good wire bushing I coated it in kure rust and left it to dry overnight. All the rust was now a nice black colour. Unfortunately the white ceramic sink in the kitchen where I had been using the kure rust was also black streaked. I thought I had rinsed it thouroughly, but must have missed some. Thick bleach applied generously returned the sink to its former white.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

20150505_104714.jpg

All back together just before OH applied his muscles to the pop riveter to permanently attach the rubber to the step. Just got to wait for the rivets to arrive and then OH is going to do the honours and attach the refurbished steps to the Land Rover as I don't do the crawling under the vehicle bit.

Agree with you on the rock sliders. I had a look at rock sliders, but decided they didn't really give you much of a boost up when your knees are bad.

You've got it! Also, unless hardcore off roading, why would you need them?

Saying that, customising a LR is a personal thing.

Agree with you on the rock sliders. I had a look at rock sliders, but decided they didn't really give you much of a boost up when your knees are bad.

Mine has rock sliders also, but I quite like them. I'm going to have to source some steps, or at least one for the passenger side as my liddle doggie sometimes struggles to jump in after a hard day so have started to pick her up, plus one of the 'blue rinsers' I pick up for art class has to hoist her skirts up to get in even using the brace. It was ok when it was my Mam as she didn't mine me man handling her, but it would be impolite to shove one of my art class in via her ample buttocks, and there isn't really anywhere else I can get purchase on. :)

Mine has rock sliders also, but I quite like them. I'm going to have to source some steps, or at least one for the passenger side as my liddle doggie sometimes struggles to jump in after a hard day so have started to pick her up, plus one of the 'blue rinsers' I pick up for art class has to hoist her skirts up to get in even using the brace. It was ok when it was my Mam as she didn't mine me man handling her, but it would be impolite to shove one of my art class in via her ample buttocks, and there isn't really anywhere else I can get purchase on. :)

That ha sleft quite a picture in my minds eye...... :lol:

Mine has rock slide!rs also, but I quite like them. I'm going to have to source some steps, or at least one for the passenger side as my liddle doggie sometimes struggles to jump in after a hard day so have started to pick her up, plus one of the 'blue rinsers' I pick up for art class has to hoist her skirts up to get in even using the brace. It was ok when it was my Mam as she didn't mine me man handling her, but it would be impolite to shove one of my art class in via her ample buttocks, and there isn't really anywhere else I can get purchase on. :)

You could get a folding dog ramp for the doggie. Could you fit a crane and hoist on the back for more ample passengers. :)

I carry these to get in the back and could do for passengers at the front.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171624281518?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You could get a folding dog ramp for the doggie. Could you fit a crane and hoist on the back for more ample passengers. :)

I carry these to get in the back and could do for passengers at the front.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171624281518?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't mind picking up doggie, she thinks I'm playing and pretends to bite me. :)

I have an old milk crate I use for kicking across the floor when cutting in around ceilings which I have used as a step in the past, but it's often buried in the back nowadays.