Ranger 07 tdci or l200 new shape

remy 700

I had an L200 once, would not buy one again, the 4wd was not good on it, various sensor lights kept coming on putting the truck in limp mode, i run a Hilux now which is very good but my next truck will be a Ford Ranger Wildtrak, had a test ride and its really something, the price is obscene though for a new one.

Chris

Thanks Chris , I have heard and seen a few new shape l200 that have had those problems , had 5 of the older pick ups including l200 and they were all good , but not suv types and fancy like the newer gear , is your hilux a 2.5 or 3 litre , many thanks , remy 700

I have a 56 plate L200 warrior. 4wd system works great along with GG AT2's on. Has the locking diff too, low range etc. Fuels pretty good too considering it's a big heavy truck. Turns easily and far better than my mates ranger or his defender. I don't tow much on the road with it but on the farm it pulls with ease.

Only had servicable items to replace on it so far and the EGR valve to replace but could have cleaned the old one up if needed.

Drove it to the top of Norway and back without a hitch. Well, barring the canopy lock freezing up on one of the days.

If i'm been totally honest, The door trims are hard plastic and could be nicer and there is no slots to add extra switches without drilling the dash. Considering it's aimed at the commercial market I would have thought there would be a few spare slots. On a more personal note i'd prefer the seats to have a bit more support too.

Tax per year is cheap too at £140.00. I'm very happy with mine but they aren't without their flaws just like every motor. Regular services and look after it and they are nice motors.

Had a tonne of hardwood logs in the back of it off road uphill and down at the farm with no bother. Goes offroad regular but steady and only has issues if I try to go into the marshes too early in the year. Then again so does the quad on big chunky tyres and a lot lighter.

Just bought a brand new l200 warrior . Last truck was a 2010 Navara which was a fabulous truck with 48,000 miles of trouble free motoring .

The l200 has traction control and has easy shift 4x4 that can be run in four wheel drive on the road . The jury is out on the l200 until I have done a couple of thousand miles . It seems to be running very well ,plenty of power and seems very comfortable .

If you are thinking of a new one there are some fabulous deals on the l200 at the moment and now come with a five year ,125000 mile warranty . Well worth a look .

Harnser

I'm on my 3rd l200 no signs on any of sticking in 4x4 or lights staying on. The new shape is the best so far, economy is good and as harnser says is one where you can run in 4x4 on the road. Pickups by their nature can get a hard life and abused so buy carefully the plus with the l200 is there are bucket loads out there to choose from

I think a lot of the 4x4 problems on the L200 were the air pipes on the models around 2004 as I have 3 mates with them and they all have had that problem, my 2003 ranger is a reliable old bus but it doesn't have the same ride comfort and quiet drive of their mitsi's

I have a ford ranger double cab 2007 model. In a nutshell, I love it, the high and low gears work well and ive taken it many places and never got it stuck. I service my own vehicles and this truck is very easy to do. For a 2.5ltr engine its not to bad on fuel either. I wouldn't be with out mine now

You must be thinking if the older ranger that is a single overhead cam engine. The upgrade from 2006 on was the new greatly improved 2.5ltr unit which sported a double overhead cam engine producing 141 hp at 3500rpm. Its a very capable truck with plenty of power depending on what you want it for. If more power is what you want, theres the 3lt unit also but I find there's more than enough power for all my needs.

Is it right the ranger around that year only has 109bhp and 190lb of torque? Sound quite under powered to me compared to the l200 navara etc which has some thing like 170bhp. I would of thought the difference would be quite noticable

The l200 has between 135 and 180 depending on model up to 2010 after then most are the more powerful.

you cure the tail happiness on every pickup I've had by consigning the bridgestone duellers to the bin and fitting decent tyres. Grabbers or BFG's and I have never had a problem.Interesting drivers prefer hire hilux's as they are not the most comfortable and you wouldn't worry about the last for ever image if you were hiring one