false accusations appear on a police background check uk

hi,

Will false accusations appear on a police background check? The local police man came to my house to say someone had made a complaint against me and he wanted to talk to me about it. He saw me that night and made a statement to that effect. I was not arrested or conditioned in any way.

The person was trying to get out of drunk driving charges.

it was over 10 years ago.

will it appear on a police background check?

Edited by Tattooed

You weren't charged, convicted or cautioned for any offence so I doubt if there's anything to worry about.

I had something similar, two local scrotes, when nicked, claimed I was buying stolen video recorders from them and earned me a visit from C.I.D. The story was proved to be ******** and I never heard anything more about it, it's certainly never been mentioned on any of my renwals.

You weren't charged, convicted or cautioned for any offence so I doubt if there's anything to worry about.

I had something similar, two local scrotes, when nicked, claimed I was buying stolen video recorders from them and earned me a visit from C.I.D. The story was proved to be ******** and I never heard anything more about it, it's certainly never been mentioned on any of my renwals.

same here mate.

I always say better to put it down on the forms, and if it's significant the FEO can see you've been forthcoming and not hidden anything.

If it's insignificant then it won't matter and they can see your an honest guy who just wants to follow the process and get on with it!

I always say better to put it down on the forms, and if it's significant the FEO can see you've been forthcoming and not hidden anything.

If it's insignificant then it won't matter and they can see your an honest guy who just wants to follow the process and get on with it!

that's utter ****! what put something down you have not even been charged with? ****!

that's utter ****! what put something down you have not even been charged with? ****!

But something you have been accused off and was serious enough to warrent Police investigation.

If it doesn't matter n you put it down its not an issue, but if it does matter n you leave it off then you'll be worse off. It's up to the OP

But something you have been accused off and was serious enough to warrent Police investigation.

If it doesn't matter n you put it down its not an issue, but if it does matter n you leave it off then you'll be worse off. It's up to the OP

it says on the forms "list all convictions"

What your posting is rubbish.

Years ago I received a youth caution for riding a motorbike in some waste ground. I have never reported it on any FAC applications. It doesn't appear on my enhanced CRB

Looking back I shouldn't even have received a caution, they said there was a footpath crossing the land but there wasn't, It doesn't appear on any map ( I checked a few years ago when I had another reason to have it checked) it was just a worn patch of grass but a stroppy WPC thought otherwise

Then don't put it down.

I said if you put it down and it's irrelevant then it won't matter. How is that rubbish ? It just shows your forthcoming and being open.

Then don't put it down.

I said if you put it down and it's irrelevant then it won't matter. How is that rubbish ? It just shows your forthcoming and being open.

Its says on the forms "ALL CONVICTIONS" I was never convited of anything. So why would i put that down???

Edited by Tattooed

Its says on the forms "ALL CONVICTIONS" I was never convited of anything. So why would i put that down???

You started this thread?

In answer to your question, yes it will show up. Not a criminal records check but most definitely on an intelligence check. Any contact you have with the police, either as a witness, suspect or informant will be recorded for intelligence purposes. These databases ARE checked routinely when applying for an FAC.

And thats what you put on the application form, convictions,however you may be asked in interview or when the FEO visits, about such other incidents.

Arrests,charges that were later dropped,call outs to your address,trust me ,there isnt much they wont know about.

If they think its relevant they will talk to you about it.

Tell the truth to the best of your knowledge and you should be fine.

Good luck

Edited by Rewulf

You started this thread?

In answer to your question, yes it will show up. Not a criminal records check but most definitely on an intelligence check. Any contact you have with the police, either as a witness, suspect or informant will be recorded for intelligence purposes. These databases ARE checked routinely when applying for an FAC.

Exactly. Don't see why the OP bothered to ask if he was just going to be rude to the people taking time to offer friendly advice, clearly he doesnt want to listen <_<

I was visited by the police following a report by a neighbour of threatening behaviour - this was back in 2009. It was resolved w/o any problems for me. I subsequently renewed my SGC without any mention so assume no connection to the 2009 incident. I think the police are intelligent enough to know when allegations are real or not.

I never list anything, just put the statement "please check all police records" I was advised to do this by a mate when I first applied,he has never had a problem nor have I.

Due to the nature of my old job there was plenty of accusations of assault against me,I have been on bail a few times and given more taped interviews than I care to remember,the head of the firearms dept was fully aware of my situation and also knew I was cleard of any wrong doing each time he was very happy when I stopped my job though.

When the new flo came for my renewal he had only been in the job a few months and had a long list of everything that was on my records, he looked a bit worried when he asked me about the incidents of assault I was accused of but no action was taken,once I explained everything he was happy,I was also granted .223 as well :)

Steady on chap.

It is not really the done thing to ask a question in the first instance and then get wired into anyone who gives an answer you don't particularly like. If you are so sure of yourself then why ask the question in the first place?

As stated, it says list all convictions, so you can only put down stuff you have been convicted of. However, they WILL know about other stuff you haven't been convicted of. When my son had his visit for his FAC, the FEO even knew the last time he was stopped by police in his car for a routine check.

To the OP, you asked a question. I doubt the collective knowledge if PW is "rubbish" and so do you or you wouldn't have asked.