Accupell 0.22

Sha Bu Le

Has anyone used these thru a HW100? Circumstances forced me to buy a tin, mostly cos there are only 2 shops that sell pellets in this town. Both have limited choice and one is a rip off merchant.

Anyhoos after re-sighting I was getting 5/6mm variation in point of impact at 20 metres, bench rested.

And I stayed off the drink last night.

With RWS SD's its normally pellet on pellet at that range.

Cheers fellas

Bri

I stopped buying .22 Accupell's several months ago - as did a lot of other airgunners I know - because they were going all over the place. All my .22 air rifles used to love Accupell's, so I'm now back to the stage of trying to find something that they all like. It's a right royal PITA! :unhappy:

5/6mm at 20mtrs is very good for a HW100 , in fact its brilliant,, :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note, accupell are not very good in .22 and havn,t been for a while, the pellet is much harder nowadays, accupell FT ,s work well in .177,

give the jsb,s 15.89gr a try, or bisley long range gold,s both excellent pellets :good:

I don't recall the "seam" that is visible on the dome of the new accupel. When Crosman made them, I thought them to be brilliant with shot on shot grouping. Recently this seam has appeared and it looks like the pellet has been made in two halves then joined together. That has to affect accuracy :unhappy:

Not your gun make but I have just fòund they seem to spray around a bit with an s410. I noticed that the skirts were variable - some falling into the magazine and others needing a prod. Not sure how much that affects the velocity and/or direction, but worries me a little.

Now have some silver steel to make up some go/no go sizing checkers. Slow progress, but I will get there eventually (hopefully!). I'm no expert metal worker/metallurgist and need to accurately machine the steel, harden and temper, then ream a series of drillings. Easy, perhaps, if it was the only thing on the go! So many things to do, so little time and not much energy, I'm afraid!

You can get JSB pellets at a decent price and with fast delivery from www.jsb-diabolo.de

correct me if I,m wrong,,but arn,t they based in Germany,and you will need to add postage ???

surely it would be just as cheap to order from home

Yep they're based in Germany but even with shipping they work out much cheaper than anywhere I can find in the UK.

will have a look cheers

crickey they are cheap, just ordered 10 tins

Edited by evo

5/6mm at 20mtrs is very good for a HW100 , in fact its brilliant,, :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note, accupell are not very good in .22 and havn,t been for a while, the pellet is much harder nowadays, accupell FT ,s work well in .177,

give the jsb,s 15.89gr a try, or bisley long range gold,s both excellent pellets :good:

There you go being Evotistic again :whistling::whistling:

Thanks for your reply Evo

Bri

There you go being Evotistic again :whistling::whistling:

Thanks for your reply Evo

Bri

you know me Bri,,,,never mean to offend lol,

I,m keeping my eye out for a HW100 carbine in .177 just to put one through its paces and see if they really are as good as everyone says,,might need a forklift to pick it up mind :lol::lol:

I don't recall the "seam" that is visible on the dome of the new accupel. When Crosman made them, I thought them to be brilliant with shot on shot grouping. Recently this seam has appeared and it looks like the pellet has been made in two halves then joined together. That has to affect accuracy :unhappy:

Just checked the tin I bought they too have a seam which goes up both sides of the skirt and across the dome, however the lead 'fill in' does not have a seam I think it may be a 3 stage operation to assemble them. Got to affect the ballistic properties as the seam is not totally flush. Won't buying any more.

So Mr Accupell if by any chance you are reading this thread take note of what your customers are saying.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

• 3 weeks later...