House move/guns/renting

AVB

How does one get around the issue of skirting boards? I have only fitted two gun cabinets before and had to remove a section of skirting board so that it could be flush to wall. Would be a no no in a rental property I assume.

Simple...........mine's in a cupboard but still has skirting so I've sat it on house bricks to elevate it above the skirting and allow it to fit flush against wall.

If you prefer, then sit it on a block of wood and paint it/stain it to match.

+1

Just relocated mine to a room with 1930's 7" moulded skirting. Irreplaceable pattern, so chopping out skirting board was not the answer. Two house bricks was. Job done.

How does one get around the issue of skirting boards? I have only fitted two gun cabinets before and had to remove a section of skirting board so that it could be flush to wall. Would be a no no in a rental property I assume.

Sit it on top of the skirting, both of mine are done this way

Er that is clearly why I am paid the big bucks as a Banker and not to think outside the box and come up with the idea of house bricks. You guys are geniuses. :good: House bricks it will be.

Just have to find somewhere to rent. I though that would be easy. Say to landlord "I want that one" and flash the cash. But oh no I keep on getting rejected. I think it is because I am not local and don't have enough fingers. :yes:

Er that is clearly why I am paid the big bucks as a Banker and not to think outside the box and come up with the idea of house bricks. You guys are geniuses. :good: House bricks it will be.

Just have to find somewhere to rent. I though that would be easy. Say to landlord "I want that one" and flash the cash. But oh no I keep on getting rejected. I think it is because I am not local and don't have enough fingers. :yes:

I can get you a house rent free :yes: only 30 days at a time though then the council will move you on but don't worry as there's no shortage :good: best not to mention the extra digits joke to the prospective landlord until after the lease has been signed :/

I live in a rented house - I overcame the problems of worrying about damaging the decor by mounting it in the loft bolted to a brick wall. 4 m8 rawl bolts took bout 20 mins to fit. Prob about as long as the que in your local gunship before you can put your guns back into storage and the added bonus they are safe when you go out at the weekend and you can shoot through the week 👍