movement

Well on of the perms i shoot on of fields tends to be the flight line into some woods, now the woodies tend funnel into this field then into there favourite trees, as i said they use the whole field so you get a few pass over directly and show some interest but im thinking some movement might pull a few more towards me.

Im leaning towards a magnet so i can use it in the rape and corn later on,

Any advice?

Well on of the perms i shoot on of fields tends to be the flight line into some woods, now the woodies tend funnel into this field then into there favourite trees, as i said they use the whole field so you get a few pass over directly and show some interest but im thinking some movement might pull a few more towards me.

Im leaning towards a magnet so i can use it in the rape and corn later on,

Any advice?

Couple of bouncers mate,might just do the trick. Edited by Davyo

Magnet has always made the biggest to my pigeon shooting, but there are people who swear by just decoys. Then again I will use mine in almost every situation, but rarely have the pigeons come in better when I've taken the magnet in.....

Being in the right place obviously applies, on the flightline etc as nothing works miracles!

Magnet has always made the biggest difference to my days pigeon shooting but there are people who swear by just decoys. Then again I will use mine in almost every situation, but rarely have the pigeons come in better when I've taken the magnet in.....

Being in the right place obviously applies, on the flightline etc as nothing works miracles!

If as you say the birds have a natural flight line across to the wood , if it's grass before the wood I would say a pair of angels would give them confidence and add birds to the decoys when shot. I tend to think that a magnet will bring them from a distance to your decoys but the Angels give them confidence to land in. Good luck let us know how you get on.

• 3 weeks later...

You Can have too much movement, giving the impression of bids panicking and taking off, rather than landing.

That said, you do need some movement.

I favour having bouncer/floaters out at around 30-50 metres from the decoy pattern, heading in towards it, and a rotary (sometimes two or three of them), about the same distance out.

Magnets ....Sometimes one in the middle about 15 metres from the hide, often one out to the side of the pattern, as if about to funnel in to land (often with a floater heading away from the magnet towards the funnel of the pattern).

When something isn't working well and birds are flying, then I will pop out and change things around.

What works one day won't work every day. Sometimes you need more movement, sometimes less.

Pigeon magnets should be going FAST, as should pigeon flappers, BUT, corvid magnets and flappers should have speed controllers and be going SLOWER.

A pigeon flapper should have 200-300 BPM as if it's landing, whereas a corvid flapper should only have 30-60 BPM