how many pidgeon decoys !!!!

drid

Ive been shooting for over 10 years with my air rifle ! Now ive recently starting decoying. Ive got my self a nice camouflage pop up hide !

And a mixture of decoys (crows pidgeons magpies) how many should i use of each to get best results !! All information woud be grateful

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some of my best days with just 3 or 4 dead birds out, but at the other extreme when the harvest is in and they are feeding like locust I have had more than 20, plus 2 flappers and a magnet out , you have to go on instinct, what feels or looks right depending on conditions etc, one location I shoot in the winter , I just use 4 or 5 lofter's in a huge stand alone oak tree, they come in to have a look and bingo, these days the only time I use my magnet is on standing crop where there is flattened wind damage, or in the stubble when there are plenty of birds about. I find a couple of floaters and a flapper or two will give all the movement you need. then you just cross your fingers and hope a few birds will fly your way which is the bit you cant control,just look forward to hours of starring at an empty sky, I do. :lol::lol:

The reason behind the crow is that if there's any sign of danger then the crows are thr first to know about it and are long gone, by putting one in the general area the pigeons are less wary and i find they commit a lot better.

Little tip i learned off my dad and I'd say it definitely works!

The reason behind the crow is that if there's any sign of danger then the crows are thr first to know about it and are long gone, by putting one in the general area the pigeons are less wary and i find they commit a lot better.

Little tip i learned off my dad and I'd say it definitely works!

That is an old wive's tale.

You say that, I was out last saturday, pigeon decoys only. Not alot going on.

Decided to put a pattern of crow out about 15 yrds left of pigeons. Both crow and pigeons started coming in to the patterns.

May just be coincidence Ofcourse

Exactly that.