Leaving carts in car

I think the issue here is what's legal, what is necessary/convenient, and what is wise.

It is legal to keep cartridges in your car. All the time, if you so choose. On display, if you so choose.

It is sometimes necessary or convenient to leave cartridges in your car. An example given was if decoying, and leaving a slab in the car to come back for if needed. Another example of picking up a slab on the way to work, and taking them home later on.

It is probably wise to ensure that cartridges left in the car are out of sight.

I think the issue here is what's legal, what is necessary/convenient, and what is wise.

It is legal to keep cartridges in your car. All the time, if you so choose. On display, if you so choose.

It is sometimes necessary or convenient to leave cartridges in your car. An example given was if decoying, and leaving a slab in the car to come back for if needed. Another example of picking up a slab on the way to work, and taking them home later on.

It is probably wise to ensure that cartridges left in the car are out of sight.

It is convenient for me to leave my shells in the truck most of the time. I am a fairly lazy person, so there is no way I can be bothered to be in and out of the truck with cartridges before and after shooting. I will normally have at least 500 in there at any one time when the pigeon shooting is looking good.

If your vehicle was unlucky enough to be stolen then recovered by the police I think they may take a dim view on finding ammo in it.

Yep, I know of an incident of a vehicle being in a RTC, shotgun cartridges found in the vehicle by the Police Officers attending the scene. The Owner, upon coming out of Hospital nearly lost his shotgun certificate over the incident.

Yep, I know of an incident of a vehicle being in a RTC, shotgun cartridges found in the vehicle by the Police Officers attending the scene. The Owner, upon coming out of Hospital nearly lost his shotgun certificate over the incident.

Sounds like a load of bull to me.

Guest stevo

But he didn't . they may of had a word.with him. But it would have been based on nothing more than There opinion. Edited by stevo

No more a 'load of bull' than getting a phone call the day after collecting another gun to say "You can not have that, you have exceeded the number that your cabinet will hold". The cabinet may only have 4 foam slotted inserts but will comfortably hold far more if some are barrel down. How can a Police Force make up the rules as they go along BUT THEY DO ! It is all down to having sufficient funds to defend it in Court. I can also state that a friend 'lost' his certificate for 12 months following a burglary at his home when a gun was stolen, it was, and I quote, "as a punishment". Had he not surrendered his certificate and then had it revoked, he may never have got it back. The lesser of 2 evils. The same Force insist upon a steel security cabinet, even if you do not have a gun. Probably to keep your certificate in !

The easiest way in life is to not invite unnecessary problems if you don't have to.

:good:

No more a 'load of bull' than getting a phone call the day after collecting another gun to say "You can not have that, you have exceeded the number that your cabinet will hold". The cabinet may only have 4 foam slotted inserts but will comfortably hold far more if some are barrel down. How can a Police Force make up the rules as they go along BUT THEY DO ! It is all down to having sufficient funds to defend it in Court. I can also state that a friend 'lost' his certificate for 12 months following a burglary at his home when a gun was stolen, it was, and I quote, "as a punishment". Had he not surrendered his certificate and then had it revoked, he may never have got it back. The lesser of 2 evils. The same Force insist upon a steel security cabinet, even if you do not have a gun. Probably to keep your certificate in !

Ur mates should be standing up for themselves then, assuming the guns were locked away as they should be in cabinets he has done nothing wrong. Any decent org should be fighting that if not more to it.

I know a couple of [people who have had guns and Sec1 fire arms stolen and still got licences

And as most have said no law against leaving or even storing shells in the car long term, may not be wise thou.

I rolled my pick up on the Mway a few years ago, pretty bad 1 rolled a few times as well as spinning/sliding about on the roof, fibre glass canopy shattered dogs guns and shells strewn across the mway. All amazingly ok

Fortunately the polis had closed the road minutes before my accident and i was the last car that got throu (worse luck) as the surface was so slippy and so many accidents on that strech.

So i manged to get most things picked up and was still hunting for odd shells, the polis man actually picked a couple up and joked not to miss any, didnae ask to see my licence or anything, althou i was wearing my tweed breeks