What to do

Evening Everyone Hope you all had a good weekend :yes: Wanted your advice / opinions on something

I currently shoot over some new permissions where I have invited an ex-coworker on / put him on the cards I send out to farms

Now recently picked up a permission in derbyshire and another in staffs., my ex coworker has met these new farmers 1st and hasnt bothered to arrange

lets all meet farmers together and go down as a group like you would do as a team of 3.

He's also started saying we all operate by texting when we are going and leaving, which we dont me and my mate just phone up on the day / day before

or sometimes just turn up and crack on with it and leave when we are done. I mean who wants a text at 11pm/2am?? which he does send to them at them times.

He says he does this because he knows someone lost their permission by some reason and gets really opinionated on the matter, our way hasnt lost us a perm. yet

We just got the one in staffs recently which is quite a big perm. spread over several farms however when we met up the other day to walk over part of it I asked

for a signed copies of the letter he said he would take a picture of it and send it by email?. I asked him for photocopies and he came up with some nonsense about

having to connect it etc.

A photograph of a piece of paper thats not proof and I'd rather be on safe side of law as if cops did turn up I'd look a right idiot with a photograph off my phone

He had a go yesterday as I wanted to go down and meet the farmer along with my mate and you know be courteous meet the guy and be shown round parts we had not seen.

Started shouting on "I told you we texted them when we are going and when we are leaving thats how this works" beginning to think I made a mistake putting him on cards

Sorry dont mean to write the essay but wanted your advice and opinions please :)

personally , id walk away and get my own permissions .

things like this is the reason that i never share a permission , i take lots of friends out on my permissions , but , they are my sole permission and im taking them as a guest.

im very lucky and have enough shooting land to be able to do that , i know that many shooters arent so lucky.

well I couldnt even get hold of this new farmer looked around farm but he wasnt even picking up the phone so decided not going to shoot on it till I've met him along

with my other mate if police turn up "you've got permission and you have never met the farmer??",

I do have a few others with my good mate we have been shooting on for a few years.we are not sharing them with him

I may have an open ticket but rather have it in B&W / letter carry all my perm letters on me in the car,

going to start using the old cards I think just back to me & my mate works fine

yeah I need to tell him straight we are supposed to be a team but dont think its working so like I just said probably going to back to me and my mate shooting

thought I was doing the right thing helping someone out and getting more land covered.

just dont know what he thinks is gained by telling em when hes leaving at 1am

I don't think sharing permission works. My son and I have a few we both shoot, some I got and some he got and we both have permission on them but I would not dream of shooting on ones he has picked up with out him being there unless i was asked to go.

As for contacting the land owner at silly o'clock to say we've finished, don't think many of them would be happy with that, I let them know when I plan to be on their ground and when I expect to be finished and they have my number and can contact me at any time if there is a problem.

To be honest Mossy I think this guy is going to bring you a lot of grief, your perms therefore your rules (agreed with the farmer of course). As for the new perm I think you are doing the right thing in wanting to see the farmer, your inability to find him makes me wonder has your probably soon to be ex 'mate' seen the farmer. Makes you wonder when he seems unwilling to give you pukka copies of the paperwork.

Jog on may be the answer.

Sorry if I sound ruthless but you do not want problems.

Guest stevo

Mossy Your getting your leg lifted mate ! Like others have stated this too is why I work along. Just not worth the hassle.

Hooe you get it sorted. But if it was me. I would go back to how you was before.