range finder

hi maxwell,iam shooting .22cz silloette, am new to rifle shooting,tried my rifle yesterday had a few rabbitts but missed a few,hit at about fity yards missed about 100yrds,i think range finder might help getting distance more accurate,cheers

thanks colin,i have about 3000 acres more if i count next farm then probaly double that,iwent on saterday to shoot branchers,with air rifle and shotgun,shot a lot,still loads in nests,so maybe going back on thursday,i normally stay over night and shoot next day aswell,i shot my new rifle first time saterday,realy pleased with it, getting back to rabbitts,there is a hell of alot of them,so i will appreciate any advice given,i was thinking of offering experienced shooter if they would like to come,but dont realy know that many.

Hi mate as said the hawke will do you fine for your .22 daytime distance, getting to know your ground will help too, whenever I have covered new ground I always carry the rangefinder and ping the hotspots you will be surprised how quickly it sticks

Rim fire at 100 yards with a bit wind chucked in isn't straight forward just shoot to what your comfortable with and always check your backstop, good luck and enjoy

hi maxwell,iam shooting .22cz silloette, am new to rifle shooting,tried my rifle yesterday had a few rabbitts but missed a few,hit at about fity yards missed about 100yrds,i think range finder might help getting distance more accurate,cheers

If you are zeroed at 50 yds and usings subs, you will be 6-7 inches low at a 100yds.

Edited by la bala

thanks colin,i have about 3000 acres more if i count next farm then probaly double that,iwent on saterday to shoot branchers,with air rifle and shotgun,shot a lot,still loads in nests,so maybe going back on thursday,i normally stay over night and shoot next day aswell,i shot my new rifle first time saterday,realy pleased with it, getting back to rabbitts,there is a hell of alot of them,so i will appreciate any advice given,i was thinking of offering experienced shooter if they would like to come,but dont realy know that many.

Your ground sounds very similar to mine so as the rifle is new to you try and stick to the 50-60 yard rabbits until you get the hang of it and then try shooting further. If you are ever my way I have a Leica range finder here that you could borrow to see if it improves your shooting, saves buying one if it doesn't.