best ways to quickly get some experience?

londonshooter

Hello,

I've been shooting clays for some time now and I'm interested in trying some hunting with the shotgun. (12g O/U)

I'm sure it would be very hard to get permissions with no experience hunting with the shotgun. I've seen there are a few clubs/associations

that can be joined that give access to Land seemingly immediately.

There is the NPPC www.nppc.co.uk but this seems to be more based up North (I'm in London).

The only thing similar to this I have found down south is the Wildfowling clubs such as Kent Wildfowlers www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk . Is it true that

you can just join the Wildfowling clubs and immediately get access to their shooting land? It seems almost too easy?

They say they have rough shooting land for other game like Pigeon/ rabbits etc.

And finally are there any other suggestions for a way to get some experience out of the gate? I don't mind paying something reasonable to shoot or join etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

There are plenty of people offer paid pigeon shooting , there are even a few on here that offer days free now and again.

Yes you could join a wildfolwling club such as kent , not sure how they operate but I doubt you will be left to your own divices for the first few flights at least .

Wildfowling is not a sport for everyone and certainly not a sport to choose if you are wanting to shoot big bags

I am in a couple of wildfowling clubs , I have no idea how Kent work , the rough shooting may be extra , best thing you could do is ask them .

By joining a club you will get to meet and hopefully make friends with some of the existing members that in itself may lead to the odd invitation to other forms of shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Lots of pigeons on rape along the road between Cherry Orchard Way and Rochford if that's one of yours.

If your willing to travel to Southend-on-sea I can take you to 1or 2 of the permissions I shoot on to get you a tad more experience

Edited by Penelope