Lamping fox's with LED

whitehackle

I have just bought a T67 and am very happy with it so far. But with the white LED I have seen two fox's and both have ran straight away, I have changed to a red LED and seen one fox that has also ran as soon as it saw the lamp. \

these might just be lamp shy fox's. I have heard people say that the LED light is a bit harsh on fox's eyes, but I thought that the red LED would get round this.

What are other peoples experiences with LED light and fox's?

Thanks

Not shot one with it yet but I did watch a fox for 5 mins at distances down to 60 yards with my new Xsercher with a white led in it. Have fitted to a rifle and gone looking but nothing has so far presented itself safely. The only fox that did was against a gappy hedge that sheep often sleep the far side of, however at 150 yards or so it was clear enough to shoot, just not safe. Have bought a green LED but it looks a bit of a mare to change so as my eyesight these days is not what it once was then I will see how white goes for the time being.

A

Not shot one with it yet but I did watch a fox for 5 mins at distances down to 60 yards with my new Xsercher with a white led in it. Have fitted to a rifle and gone looking but nothing has so far presented itself safely. The only fox that did was against a gappy hedge that sheep often sleep the far side of, however at 150 yards or so it was clear enough to shoot, just not safe. Have bought a green LED but it looks a bit of a mare to change so as my eyesight these days is not what it once was then I will see how white goes for the time being.

A

Easypeasy Al, just unscrew the front bezel by hand to remove the lens/O ring and get access to the pill........ you'll see 2 small holes in this which will allow you to insert the tips of a pair of needle nose pliers, the only thing to note is the pill has a left hand thread (ie the wrong way round so you'll need to do it up to undo it and vice versa). Take the batteries out first to relieve the spring pressure on the underside of the pill.

And bob's your uncle... or something like that.

Cheers,

Fizz

:ninja:

Easypeasy Al, just unscrew the front bezel by hand to remove the lens/O ring and get access to the pill........ you'll see 2 small holes in this which will allow you to insert the tips of a pair of needle nose pliers, the only thing to note is the pill has a left hand thread (ie the wrong way round so you'll need to do it up to undo it and vice versa). Take the batteries out first to relieve the spring pressure on the underside of the pill.

And bob's your uncle... or something like that.

Cheers,

Fizz

:ninja:

ok thanks, will give it a go.

A