Fishing and the anti crowd

keg

How is it a few posters always think anti's are lefties? I'm what you'd call a leftie (I'm a trade union official), I'm quite open about my fishing and shooting and get no hassle for it. I know of a least 2 other officials who shoot.

Don't come back with Blair banning hunting, him and his blue labour lot were not lefties by any stretch of the imagination!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guy handled his self really well and just goes to show the ignorance shown by some people.

20:00 min

Regards

I`ve seen this before on a fishing forum. It sparked quite a heated discussion iirc.

The guy fishing was in the wrong. He admitted it himself, he went into a no fishing area. Doesn`t really matter how glib or polite he was, he`s still in the wrong.

I`ve seen this before on a fishing forum. It sparked quite a heated discussion iirc.

The guy fishing was in the wrong. He admitted it himself, he went into a no fishing area. Doesn`t really matter how glib or polite he was, he`s still in the wrong.

Agree he was and appologised, but not sure where he fished would have made a difference to the lady as she was anti fishing full stop, which was the point of me posting the link. And for the record I know the lake(its not your average fishery) in question and if it wasnt for the anglers it would be devoid of any wildlife, the no fishing area is very tiny and if you watch the video you can still fish too the area from "the line painted on the floor" .

Agree he was and appologised, but not sure where he fished would have made a difference to the lady as she was anti fishing full stop, which was the point of me posting the link. And for the record I know the lake(its not your average fishery) in question and if it wasnt for the anglers it would be devoid of any wildlife, the no fishing area is very tiny and if you watch the video you can still fish too the area from "the line painted on the floor" .

We`ll never know if she would have approached if he hadn`t broken the rules. The point is he did and in doing so gave an anti a legitimate reason to approach him and, if she wished to, to make a complaint to the council. Enough complaints and maybe the council stops allowing fishing there. The selfish actions of a few may eventually spoil the enjoyment of many legitimate users.

It just seems a bit silly to me that he films himself breaking the rules. It`s just giving the antis ammunition.

We`ll never know if she would have approached if he hadn`t broken the rules. The point is he did and in doing so gave an anti a legitimate reason to approach him and, if she wished to, to make a complaint to the council. Enough complaints and maybe the council stops allowing fishing there. The selfish actions of a few may eventually spoil the enjoyment of many legitimate users.

It just seems a bit silly to me that he films himself breaking the rules. It`s just giving the antis

Fair point rules are rules and im sure yove never inadvertently broken them !

• 5 months later...

Guy handled his self really well and just goes to show the ignorance shown by some people.

20:00 min

Regards

Right Guys just heard Bristol City Council are intending to remove the fish and have them killed from the lake that I posted a link from a few months back.

I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to sign the petition to stop this crazy decision.

I wonder if the anti in the clip will sign ?

https://www.change.org/p/bristol-city-council-stop-the-proposed-euthanasia-of-fish-in-bristol-s-st-george-s-park?recruiter=439897678&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=sms

Are you in the angling trust?

If so get on to them,the Fish Legal team are superb.

A few organisations have been contacted, a link to the news report is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35134740 there was a similar situation with private lake in Bristol a few years back, AT and the EA were both contacted and it still went ahead (just carp in that case) the EA actualy helped advice and disposal of the fish in that case !

How is it a few posters always think anti's are lefties? I'm what you'd call a leftie (I'm a trade union official), I'm quite open about my fishing and shooting and get no hassle for it. I know of a least 2 other officials who shoot.

Don't come back with Blair banning hunting, him and his blue labour lot were not lefties by any stretch of the imagination!

Quite.

The usual "anti" personality traits are a self-hatred / lack of self-acceptance coupled with a compensating self-righteousness and a wild imagination. These do tend to lead to a sympathy with the politics of the left and the left has been good at exploiting these characteristics for its own ends, but it starts with the person, not the politics.

Fishing is just like shooting,its the fishermen/shooters that are damaging the sports ( a minority),who bully fish in & feel the need to take a photo as evidence.In many cases standing up with their catch to take a picture usually miss handling and causing addition stress.The same with shooting ,I've done it myself & got shot down in flames on this forum to the point I felt I had to remove the picture of a rabbit.For personal use I can understand but to put it out on forums & then kick off when the Anti's use it as ammo ????.I once asked my FEO of his opinion & he was of the opinion that my licenses where issued for crop protection not for displaying what I've culled on open forums.

Edited by Davyo

Fishing is just like shooting,its the fishermen/shooters that are damaging the sports ( a minority),who bully fish in & feel the need to take a photo as evidence.In many cases standing up with their catch to take a picture usually miss handling and causing addition stress.The same with shooting ,I've done it myself & got shot down in flames on this forum to the point I felt I had to remove the picture.For personal use I can understand but to put it out on forums & then kick off when the Anti's use it as ammo ???? ​I think we've been here before. Why do fishermen or shooters care what the antis think? I know I don't.

I for one am sick and tired of being made to feel I should pussy foot around lest I upset someone who doesn't agree with my lifestyle. I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about the antis or anyone else who deems to tell me how I should lead my life, or that I should or shouldn't do this or don't do that.

I once asked my FEO of his opinion & he was of the opinion that my licenses where issued for crop protection not for displaying what I've culled on open forums. If your FEO told you this then he's an idiot. Regardless of the reason your license was issued, a license isn't required to display what anyone has culled.