Anyone had a bag on peas yet ?

fenboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call him a pal,he wouldn't be a pal of mine at this rate. with all the pigeons he's shot you would think he would give you a slice of the action sad.

No, he's a top guy. As I've said We both see each other OK throughout the year with various shooting days. I don't intend to sound as if I'm peeved with him because I'm not. I have a couple of permissions that I don't share with anyone, he's aware of that and he has this one. It just happens to be a red hot one this year!

No, he's a top guy. As I've said We both see each other OK throughout the year with various shooting days. I don't intend to sound as if I'm peeved with him because I'm not. I have a couple of permissions that I don't share with anyone, he's aware of that and he has this one. It just happens to be a red hot one this year!

I agree kippylawkid , I have land where I can take someone now and again and a large area where I have got the sole permission and there is no way I would jeopardise losing that for the sake of taking someone else .

yes you are both right, as you say just have to give and take if I had a hot place like that I must admit you would one to keep it to yourself.

I like to share when the pigeons are in enough numbers to do so. I had a bag of 160+ on a barley stubble last year with my mate Sam. A week or so later, Sam and I went back and shot 248 from the same spot. Fenboy was invited along and shot 137 on the next field over.

I like to share when the pigeons are in enough numbers to do so. I had a bag of 160+ on a barley stubble last year with my mate Sam. A week or so later, Sam and I went back and shot 248 from the same spot. Fenboy was invited along and shot 137 on the next field over.

Quite a lot of our stubbles become out of bounds once the young poults are put out in the rearing pens , from the farmers point of view is while they are on the stubble they are not doing to much harm on the Wheat and Beans that still need cutting . If it on the boundaries there is no problem but the pigeons seem to know where there safe and some years I have seen vast numbers made up of young and old that would have queued up to be shot resulting in a big bag ,

Some of you might agree or disagree , if you cant make a bag on stubbles then you would struggle on most crops because quite a few of the birds are made up with young ones who are not very street wise , and while the bales are there you can get in the middle of field with all round vision and decoy whatever way the wind is blowing .

In fact in the past we couldn't go on pea stubble once they have been cut but now I can shoot when and where I want as long I am not near there pens.

One of the W A clubs rules is they cant shoot the upland stubble after seven days once the crop have been vined as the members are only on the field for crop protection .