british sniper talking about what he does

I was thinking much the same thing :lol:

Even if it wasn`t that guy and was just some unknown military sniper I see no reason he shouldn`t talk about his work. As long as he isn`t giving away military intelligence he`s doing nothing wrong. How is discussing how he felt doing the job unprofessional?

It does not say in the article but it must have been confirmed by the spotter as well. Why would the article appear to suggest that there was no witness?? :unhappy:

could it have meant that no witnesses at tbe impact point. ??? Just a thought, thinking outside the box like you do.

Watched it and it was very interesting. I can imagine seeing the image of your enemy through the scope before you pull the trigger when you go to sleep and shut your eyes but when you read the barbaric things they do then I would quite easily pull the trigger! Take the Isis sickos and the inhumane acts they do, I'd love to be positioned on a rooftop with a .338 win mag and a load of them in the distance! I'd find it quite easy looking through my scope and 'being their God' as Craig Harrison put it and ending their life after what they do to men,women and children who don't 'believe' in what they do! As Chris Kyle said 'my only regret is not killing more'.

Am reading 'American Sniper' presently. It's not a bad book but I get a bit tired of the non-stop 'bad ***' gung-ho warrior mentality, but the interesting thing is he mentions killing insurgents in Ramadi, in Iraq, and it would appear from the news that despite all those lives lost during the Iraq war, insurgents are now yet again in Ramadi, this time in the form of ISIS.

I much prefer the more restrained European perspective when writing about such things.

I quite agree with you sculls about the gung go stuff and I much prefer the methodical approach of the British forces. Also the fact they put God and country above family is beyond me! But I don't think Chris Kyle was too gung ho and he did have a bit of a brain in him. As long as they kill the evil scum then it doesn't really matter anyway!

My view?

Does it really matter? Should the enemy be allowed to advance sufficiently to give them an even chance of 'them or you'? What is the difference between a hellfire missile, or a few cannon rounds from an Apache or a machine gun at closer quarters? The machine gun was not set up for any other purpose but to kill. It may not be the sniper at risk from that machine gun but how would he feel if he saw some colleagues gunned down, when he could have neutralised the placement. It is war, not a nursery game.