All quite on the Lead Shot Front

It was but a short time ago that comment was raging regarding the possible ban on Lead Shot and some unedifying emails from the Chairman of LAG.

Is it me or has there been a shut down on comment? Perhaps we are waiting for the inevitable there ! seems to be no feedback as to current situation , perhaps no news is good news ( I doubt it ).

Are the relevant organisations deciding on an exit strategy? Having been made aware of Report contents.

It would appear that as usual those most affected will be the last to know

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose any of us have a clue. If, "the relevant organisations", means the membership orientated associations, then if they do know something and have failed to inform their membership that action, or lack of it, would be such a crass misjudgement that the possibility is not worth considering. All I can think of is as the decision made by Norway in this respect was announced close to our recent election and the LAG debacle that any decision on the part of the UK would have been deferred until the new government was in place and which in any event would be somewhere near the bottom of its priorities.

I've been on the websites of all our associations and apart from acknowledgement of B White-Spunners' resignation there is nothing forthcoming.

There may be much conflab going on behind closed doors for all we know ( hopefully) and much like a duck swimming against the current, all appearances of serenity above may be deceiving as the legs are paddling away in frenzy below.

Personally I want to know what Swift has to say for himself; hopefully he's taking legal advice. The truth will out. There's always an upside. :)

I've been on the websites of all our associations and apart from acknowledgement of B White-Spunners' resignation there is nothing forthcoming.

There may be much conflab going on behind closed doors for all we know ( hopefully) and much like a duck swimming against the current, all appearances of serenity above may be deceiving as the legs are paddling away in frenzy below.

Personally I want to know what Swift has to say for himself; hopefully he's taking legal advice. The truth will out. There's always an upside. :)

I think you have a very good point, we are not being told anything. The LAG process was supposed to be open and the information put on the web site.

There is NO information about the resignations on the web site. How many of them have really resigned? I’m told 5 out of 9 for gone, CA, CLA, NGA, GWCT and GTA.

If they have all resigned their logos should be removed from the web site.

However, if BASC have withdrawn their support for the LAG and they run the web site, who has control of the web site now?

BASC are also the secretariat for the LAG, if they have really withdrawn their support, who is going the secretariat for the LAG?

Edited by gunsmoke

I hope your last sentence is right Scully,

I would have though all the organizations would have banded together & taken the advantage of been first in to start discrediting the findings of the LAG.

I would have though all the organizations would have banded together & taken the advantage of been first in to start discrediting the findings of the LAG.

Precisely and that is something that we have every right to expect. Talk about the mushroom syndrome! Not to mention words like, lead, lambs, sacrifice and slaughter.

I feel that sometimes GS can get a tad carried away but all of his bullet points in his last post are spot on. If the situation is not clarified soon, then our only hope is that Sir Barney does exactly what he said he would in the final paragraph of his resignation letter.

Edited by wymberley

I hope your last sentence is right Scully,

What do you think I've been trying to do for the last 5 years. Some members of this forum have fought me all the way, I have all the information on my web site and facebook page 'save our lead shot' I've started the fight please come and join the team.

Got to use steel for wildfowl. But what makes me laugh with the local marshes around the fens Lincolnshire and norfolk a few of them is used for live firing and bombing and military exercises from military air carft from us and the yanks from there bases in the uk so what effect do that have on the animals on the marshes bit of the government calling the kettle black as some is armour picing missile as my friends bern right up to the targets and use to drive tanks in thae army and said they looked like the depleted uranium

Edited by littlerob

What do you think I've been trying to do for the last 5 years. Some members of this forum have fought me all the way, I have all the information on my web site and facebook page 'save our lead shot' I've started the fight please come and join the team.

Gunsmoke, I've been following your crusade for a while now.. :good:

Regarding the resignations and the use of logo's on the LAG site, you will need to contact the Chairman via info@leadammunitiongroup.co.uk

The questions that need to be answered are as follows:

Is BASC still running the Web Site for the LAG?

Are BASC still running the secretariat for the LAG?

I remember the little chat we had regarding the BASC logo, If BASC are still running the secretariat or web site, they can remove their own logo. Like they did before.

I find it puzzling as to why the final LAG meeting has been set for a date when three of the party will not be there, as BWS claims, and what will be the ramifications due to this and also to the fact that a number of the committee have now resigned. Doesn't this just simply null and void the entire group? If not, why not, and who is representing the interests of shooters? How can the LAG still function or indeed be taken seriously given the circumstances?

I would, as has been suggested, email the chairman, but in view of the situation would I receive a reply? Wymberley after all, has been awaiting a reply for some time.

It's all very cloak and dagger stuff this, considering it effects the vast majority of shooters who are paying good money to be represented. Strange indeed.

The web site is LAG's, regardless of who helps with administration, so please contact the Chairman as I have said, there is no point asking those questions on here.

thank you

David

The BASC statement on their web site regarding Barney White-Spunner’s resignation quotes Alan Jarrett “BASC Council has voted to withdraw support from the group”.

Therefore is the BASC statement on the resignations from the LAG, incorrect and untrue?

It seems to me that the comments of David BASC, implies that BASC are still the secretariat for the LAG and therefore have not withdraw their support. The website, as David has said before on PW, is in fact a BASC registered website belonging to a company that belongs to BASC.