Cleaning your rifles

evo

I,ve just taken the rifles out and give them their monthly stripdown and clean, bolts have been greased, barrels cleaned and the outer shrouds oiled to make sure they perform to their best,,

now I do this every month, but always give them a wipe over after every hunting trip,,heres a pic of the beautys after being cleaned

004_zpsidnjovny.jpg

how often do you clean and service yours ???

only had it a couple of months and sent back to have it re reg as it was over but need to find out how to strip and clean down a r10 must get surfing now cheers for the reminder

just seen the video and he must be having a laugh im an meccy fitter and he has it in a thousand bits no way am I doing that plus at the end he says send a cheque for £25 pound for a rebuild dvd lol

sounds easier I ay be dumb but do you clean barrel with rifle rods

With my air rifles I use a pullthrough if I need to clean the barrel (I have the napier kit but you can make your own easily enough). I steer clear of rods as they are virtually impossible to use on most PCPs.

Saying that my daughters brocock os a pita even with a pullthrough as the breach is so tight having only room for the magazine and nothing else.

Never clean a airgun barrel unless accuracy goes to pot , you will do more harm than good , likewise never put oil down the barrel.

cheers for the heads up I give mine a general wipe over today all around the bolt and inside where the mag goes was a lovely chrome plating free of charge thanks bsa of to the rifle range tomorrow to get me head around parallax and mil dot so it should be fun any tips I thought of staring at 30 yards then sus out 50 yards then try 70 yards if possible with 22

evo, what stock oil do you use for yours?

chris, I only give them a wipe over with a bit of boiled linseed oil, as my father said " if its good enough for a cricket bat , then its good enough for a rifle stock "

think he was certainly right

Edited by evo

chris, I only give them a wipe over with a bit of boiled linseed oil, as my father said " if its good enough for a cricket bat , then its good enough for a rifle stock "

think he was certainly right

right ho. I have a patch on my Wolverine where the wood's gone dry and lost its shine, so looking at something to bring it up again

hi daft qeastion do you fill bottles with air from divers tank or take to shop to get filled

always fill mine with a divers bottle, 15ltr 300bar,

walnut oil is excellent for a walnut stock and its also cheaper from a supermarket, as has been said I never clean the inside of the barrel unless I,m trying different pellets out , I will then give the barrel a quick pull through after each brand of pellet,

I always ensure my guns are wiped over with a cloth sprayed with Garlands Gun Oil, it comes in a green tin and is a lubricant and a rust preventor, certainly keeps my rifles in as new condition