cleaning kit

ladyjack

can anyone name me a good cleaning kit for my cz ..22

Key item is a steel one-piece cleaning rod. The CZ .22 long rifle bore is pretty tight, so one of the Yank rods with a diameter of .2035 inches or so, would be best. I bought a Dewey along with the proper Dewey jag (similar to the classic Parker Hale Diamond Truform jag) after I purchased my CZ452FS a few years back.

An M16 mutant toothbrush is always useful, as is a 1-1/2 inch wooden handled bristle paint brush. I still have the one that I got to keep my SLR tidy (the type that goes bang!), back in the 80's. Ballistol is a good general purpose cleaner and lubricant (and very good for bug bites, stings, etc.) but a lanolin derived aerosol product is better for external use when the firearm is stored away for a period.

Decent hollow ground screwdrivers are a must. The Wheeler set with interchangeable bits is very nice to have but you could also arrange with a local grinding firm, i.e. the place where carpenters and joiners get their saw blades repaired and sharpened, to grind some down for you. The staff in such places are actually toolmakers!

Edited by ZG47