Why is gun purchasing addictive

Duckandswing

I think that following on from my previous post, that many are secretive about their purchases or at least the cost of them, I know I am, and according to many gunshops that I have visited, I'm certainly not in the minority.

Maybe others have more understanding partners.

Well my Browning 525 was £300. I always knock a grand off the price for good measure. She thinks shotguns are very good value.

Types? Only four? Not even started yet.

Apart from the suggestions above, how about including: muzzle loaders, blackpowder and nitro, damascus, side lock and boxlock to go with bolt action, sliding actions and self openers, skeet, dtl, sporting, game fixed and multichokes, rifle shotguns.

Some may be variants within a type - and then there are different styles of stock......

So plenty to go at.

I have never needed too many and have been satisfied with my sidelock o/u game gun for many years. But I still hang on to my Dad's hammer gun, after restocking it to fit me (it was broken over sixty years ago). Not pretty now, but still operational.

I thought that I was fairly normal in regard to how many guns that I have and a LOT of kit /eqpt >> until I read somewhere that the norm was one shotgun and two firearms! Not many and I would have t hought that it would be more likely to have been two shotguns to one fire arm. A past feo told me that I had too many! I asked him what did he consider to be too many? I then told him that you only need One to go out and do something stupid. Anyway his job relied on me having guns or he would gat his p45. Excess to requirements.

i suffered badly before i got my SGC...

the mrs had enough when i got to 42 air rifles, so i thinned them out and used the money for a deposit on my house...

then i got my SGC, and in 2 years i had run out of room for adding new guns on it. im currently having to write them on the blank area that D&C usually print on...

i got a bit of a ticking off for that not long ago, so have slowed my buying and selling before im forced to become an RFD. :lol:

i suffered badly before i got my SGC...

the mrs had enough when i got to 42 air rifles, so i thinned them out and used the money for a deposit on my house...

then i got my SGC, and in 2 years i had run out of room for adding new guns on it. im currently having to write them on the blank area that D&C usually print on...

i got a bit of a ticking off for that not long ago, so have slowed my buying and selling before im forced to become an RFD. :lol:

this is my argument, its a great way of saving :whistling:

Serious answer..... I believe because we are 'hard wired' to hunt we also like to collect new or different hunting tools, if it has the ability to make the chase easier then we want it...

so how does that work with women and shoes? does it relatete to escaping some sort of act :lol:

It's a problem isn't it. I have a friend and he's had his ticket years and has one gun, he's had others but always ends up going back to that one and doesn't seem to have any interest in any others now. The thought "beware of the man with one gun" comes to mind but he's a distinctly average shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpD73365Y8

Glad I wasn't standing next to the woman at 1.49. That was an accident waiting to happen.

I find that if I get a gun that I like I tend to stop there as I see no point in buying more than I can shoot. I do get tempted by a bargain but i dont keep them even though all mine are old and not very pretty, but they are rock solid and reliable.

I have two .177 air rifles (one with a day scope and the other a night scope), a cheap Chinese air rifle for the kids and a Baikal hammer gun.

I do have too many knives though.

My signature shows my current collection but I can easily rattle off a wish list of another 4 lever and pump action 12g shotguns I would like to own along with .308 and some barrel stuffers.

And as for pistols, I don't know what is the worst, missing out on the hand gun thing like I have or having them and having to give them up like so many people have. There's so many iconic pistols and revolvers I would love to own but never will.

I've been collecting for a few years but it really took off when I stopped spending £70 a week of fags!!

I now have 135 airguns!, Not been able to buy any for a while though as i've been off work for ten months with a gammy knee, There's been no money coming in for around three months so we've been living on the money that we saved up to get the house done up!!

We're still ok but eventually I may have to start cashing the guns in to pay bills :unhappy:

Here's a few of them though a few are living elsewhere now due to trading!!!

Le3S9AB.jpg

John :)