Knife Collecting

loriusgarrulus

As the gun collecting was so interesting I thought a thread on hunting and pocket knives (not kitchen knives) would be good.

I have my dads old commando type knife from the war.

A small horn handled two blade pocket knife.

One multitool Swiss army pocket knife.

One folding rosewood handle knife.

Another commando type knife I swapped marbles for.

A rosewood handled Sheffield steel fixed blade knife.

A Gerber skinning knife

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, I have loads.

Handmade and clay forged Viking replica

Arthur wright bushcraft

Several kershaws

Schrade tanto

Buck 101

Rough rider rogue

Columbia river Texas tooth pick

US marine issue bowie

Patrick Henry bowie

Magnum Vietnam bowie

K bar original

Commando knife UK

Bench made

Wenger selection of Swiss army knives

Smith and wesson swat

Colt bowie

Helle knives, maybe four.

Mora carbon

Several opinel

A set of throwing knives

German parade bayonet

Several machetes'

Leatherman charge titanium

I'll have to go and look, cant remember all the others.

Hang on, I have a busse too.

Hadn't really thought about this before but I've got a dozen pocket knives picked up over the past 40yrs or so including one or two I wouldn't want to be found carrying in the high street! Favourite at the moment is a lightweight, slimline Gerber 'Bear Grylls' lock blade. Discrete and very sharp. Nearly always in my pocket. Looking out for a small Buck penknife - bought one for an old friend some years ago and wished I'd kept it for myself!

According to my wife I've got too many obviously she's wrong and how someone with that many hand bags dare to make such a comment.

I am at the moment making my first and very quickly adding to my scar tissue collection if I calculated its value at the hourly rate my Labour is charged at work I recon it would be worth about the same as a medium sized hatch back

If I bought a very nice knife if never use it so tend to stick to cheap Opinels and my everyday carry on my keys is a Leatherman Micro the most used knife I've ever had. Now needs sending back for the scissors and blade to be sharpened.

Would like for shoot days only a very nice English made lambs foot pocket knife with bone or horn scales and a dark steel carbon blade like my grandad used for years but I've never found a good one. I looked at a dozen or so over the years in a good shops all Sheffield made but not one was right, quality just wasn't there the blades were poor or not lined up right etc.

Had for over a decade a Gerber multi tool that was a Christmas gift very expensive at the time but I've barely used it. Keep it in the caravan just in case, luckily just in case hasn't happened.

Edited by figgy

If I bought a very nice knife if never use it so tend to stick to cheap Opinels and my everyday carry on my keys is a Leatherman Micro the most used knife I've ever had. Now needs sending back for the scissors and blade to be sharpened.

Would like for shoot days only a very nice English made lambs foot pocket knife with bone or horn scales and a dark steel carbon blade like my grandad used for years but I've never found a good one. I looked at a dozen or so over the years in a good shops all Sheffield made but not one was right, quality just wasn't there the blades were poor or not lined up right etc.

I never did understand that name - real lamb foot, any ideas?

I have one that has really superb steel on it and takes a very fine edge indeed.

I never have as it's the blade shape to do with trimming Sheeps feet.

Sounds like you have a good old steel one like I've not seen in nearly a decade. I keep looking in second hand shops and antique type places.

A lambs foot for me is a do all pocket knife.

I have No 7 opinels, carbon and stainless, which I use in the field the most - the carbon is superb and can hold a razor edge well. I have a really nice Fieldcrafter fixed blade that stays at home (it's too nice to loose) but I use that for everything around the house and garden. I've got various other Leatherman/Gerber/Wenger/Victorinox multi tools that live in various drawers and bags and a handy all stainless lock knife that gets used for the really dirty jobs. All in all I've got about a dozen regularly used knives but I've got room for a few more.

One day I'll forge my own blade but I just don't have enough time at the moment.