Claiming on dog insurance

Royboy

Hi, my springer has a lump on her ear that the vet said was a Tick bite and he's give me cream to try for 1 week, the lump has not gone and I think it's gone bigger if I'm honest. Now the vet wants to remove it at a cost of £320 so was wondering if it was worth claiming on insurance or just pay the fee ? Cheers

Thanks very much for your help, ive been reading up on Tick bites and apparently if the head is left in the body normally rejects it after a few weeks ?? I might just leave it for a while and just keep a eye on it, it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

My dogs have had dozens of these incidences. The main issue with tick bites is not the secondary infections, its the diseases the ticks carry I.e. Lymes disease. Removing the tick head will make little difference now. If the dog seems happy and energetic then its likely ok. If the vet was drastically concerned they would be practically insisting on removal.

My lab has a lump on his ear, the hair has fallen out from it. The Vet reckoned it might've been caused by a thorn or something and gave it a name I can't recall, it looks like a wart. It got bigger and she took a blood sample from it which came back negative. She said she could remove it but being on the ear would be more difficult being cartilage than on ordinary skin. She recommended leaving it and it would eventually disappear on it's own, going through a crusty stage, then bloody looking then finally a scab which would drop off. So far it's happened as she said it would and a scab is just forming and hair is starting to appear again.