Gun not firing second barrrel

NorfolkAYA

Hi all,

Just after some advice, took my Lanber clay shooting earlier. Would fire the first barrel (bottom or top) fine but would not fire the second unless I switched the barrel selector across. Anyone have any ideas to what the problem could be?. Only bought it second hand from a ship about 4 weeks ago :/

Cheers Pete

Not 100 % sure if the Lambers work on intertia to set the second barrel hammer but most o/u guns do .

Basically the recoil from the first shot cocks the gun for the second , if it gets gummed up with muck and grease inside the action that can prevent this happening .

You can replicate this by pulling the trigger once ( on a empty chamber or snap cap ) , then give the butt a hard slap with the palm of you hand on the recoil pad , you should then be able to fire the second barrel .

The problem may have been made worse if you were using light or soft shooting cartridges .

If you consider yourself competent enough , take the stock off , give the internals a good clean , degrease and lightly relube , if not a gunsmith should sort it easy enough.

Hi all,

Just after some advice, took my Lanber clay shooting earlier. Would fire the first barrel (bottom or top) fine but would not fire the second unless I switched the barrel selector across. Anyone have any ideas to what the problem could be?. Only bought it second hand from a ship about 4 weeks ago :/

Cheers Pete

If you bought it from a shop take it back. If private gunsmith and get it serviced.

I spent 4 hours today and two boxes of cartridges trying to get an O/U single trigger to work correctly .Every thing seemed to be perfect until you pulled the trigger on live rounds . Not a Lanber I hasten to add . There could be several reasons but as there have been a number of changes in the design anything I say will be guess work . Could be that the gun is not happy with lighter loads but more than likely it will be some adjustment on the trigger mechanism will be needed .

These guns are inertia driven.

In other words its the shock of the cartridge going off that changes it over.

Single trigger guns are known,,, if the safety is not tight enough on the spring,, lt can put the safety back on..!!!!!.

Anyway take it back where you bought it,get them to sort it..

Not you..

Take it back-needs a quick service as the inertia block is most likely dry-should be a 10 minute job. Do not attempt to repair it yourself as you could invalidate your warranty.

Should be and actual are two very different things .Could be a quick wash out and a drop of oil ,but it may also be a spring problem , wear on the inertia block or sears . It could be the leg has broken on the cocking rod return spring [not an uncommon fault] and the broken bit has become wedged in the mechanism . A distorted main spring could be catching the inertia block leg etc.etc.etc.

Guessing is all well and good but reality is not the same thing . The gun should be returned to the shop for them to sort out .

Single triggers can , not always , be a very time consuming and frustrating job as I well know to my cost and if I charged for the actual time I sometimes have to spend getting them right you would need a second mortgage