Steel shot?

Squirrel73

Anyone know if my baikal o/u single trigger 12 gauge will be ok with steel shot going through it? I'm aware that the choking should be fairly open when using steel shot and I've been told the barrels are chrome lined but not sure if that's true or not or if it would make any odds anyway. Any info would be appreciated.

If it copes with lead ok then it'll be fine. Just stick to standard steel and not HP. Chrome lining wont make any difference as the steel shot should be contained within its plastic cup and therefore should not come into contact with the barrel walls at all.

Use Standard Steel with whatever choke you like, but don't, repeat don't, use HP steel. Your gun isn't designed for it, and it could turn it into scrap or cause you a bad injury.

The school of thought is to use 4s if you would usually use lead 6s - as Scully says, there's no contact between the shot and barrels so no damage will occur.