Remington Versa Max

Duckandswing

I have been using one for the last 2 years or so , fantastic guns , I am yet to have a single jam or cycling issue and I use it a lot .

A little heavy compared to some but I like that , its without doubt the softest shooting auto I have owned at £850 its a steal , I paid that for mine S/H

I think those at SGC are the Sportsman version, so not as many features as the original Versamax.

No I just had a look its the full monty version , a very good price , if I was not just splashing £1500 on some new kennels I would buy one as a spare !

I read on a yank forum the versamax been discontinued for the Remmington V3 due to no end of bother with them. I Shouldered the non sportsman version and it comes up really nice.

I heard it punches holes in the cartridges though and leaves the hulls no good for reloading, anyone know if this is true?

Not read a lot about problems with them but the American use a lot more of them than we Brits do.

I think the way the action works with hole covered by size of cartridge to regulate the gas used to cycle is a very good design.

I read on a yank forum the versamax been discontinued for the Remmington V3 due to no end of bother with them. I Shouldered the non sportsman version and it comes up really nice.

I heard it punches holes in the cartridges though and leaves the hulls no good for reloading, anyone know if this is true?

Not true , remington are bringing out the V3 but that is a 3" gun and is going to be aimed ( no pun intended ) at the upland hunters rather than wildfowl shooters , it is going to run alongside the Versamax.

I am on some of the american forums and they seem to love the versamax in general , there was a couple of minor issues with the first ones but that has long been sorted .

I am hoping they will start shipping the versamax waterfowl pro over here :good:

I reload and can't say I have had any cartridges with holes in , but it would be possible if they were "hot"

Edited by fenboy