Webley Venom Sidewinder help.

sako751sg

Having seal problems with the Sidewinder and was wondering if anyone had any advice for stripping to get the cylinder off of the action to get to the seals in the cylinder exhaust valve body.Have tried unthreading without too much force but it seems pretty solid and nay sure if its attached to the valve by any other means.

Any help appreciated as have had no luck looking elsewhere online.

Cheers for that but thats what ive used to order the seals but no help on taking the cylinder off.We have used a gentle heat and now have the cylinder off,still attached to the valve but have trouble splitting them.Looks at though its a straight forward unscrew job but shocking tight.

Edited by sako751sg

Maybe just being stubborn on the threads, try some more heat and a spray of release agent, usually once the air is out every thing is just hand tight. When I re sealed my Ultra I was quite surprised how tight the air cylinder went when under pressure.

Will try again fella.It seems solid but pretty sure its just very tight and will try a wee spray and see if that helps.

Maybe just being stubborn on the threads, try some more heat and a spray of release agent, usually once the air is out every thing is just hand tight. When I re sealed my Ultra I was quite surprised how tight the air cylinder went when under pressure.

Spot on fella.

Was very tight due to rust on the threads at the action end of the cylinder but a wee punch released it and as you said everything is just threaded.

Cheers.