Best Nightvision for under £400??

jonnys

Hi all

Firstly thanks to those who gave me there thoughts on best electronic fox caller, I went for the Icotec as many suggested and am very pleased with it. Great customer services too.

I'm now looking for a monocular nightvision priced between £250-£400. I'm happy to pay up to £400 for a better one, unless people say the ones for £250 are just as good, if you know what I mean....

Pulsar and Yukon seem to do a few around that price bracket - are these any good?

Mainly going to be using for fox shooting, so would ideally like a range of up to 300m.

I have never owned NV before so would appreciate any help/pointers.

What do you think is the best for around that price please?

Many thanks in advance,

Have a good weekend all!

Jon

Just a thought but when your with your mate,use he's NV scope as a spotter,and if your on your own use the lamp,if they are lamp shy then the minute you start to lamp a NV spotted fox it's gonna bolt anyway. Maybe set the money aside to get a NV scope.

Like I said just a thought. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will offer some better advice.

ATB

Jim

Edited by JimLondon

Do as Davyo says and build your own if I can do it anyone can, and for £400 you can build a spotter and an add on for scope so you have the best of both worlds, also if your using a nv scope on your rifle as a spotter the you are swinging a loaded gun around never a great idea

Colin

Do as Davyo says and build your own if I can do it anyone can, and for £400 you can build a spotter and an add on for scope so you have the best of both worlds, also if your using a nv scope on your rifle as a spotter the you are swinging a loaded gun around never a great idea

Colin

Or not chamber a round until you've spotted what your hoping to spot.

yes very true but scanning with a spotter there is no chance of an accident or forgetting a chambered round you could quite easily chamber a round to shoot a fox then it moves on a few yards half a dozen times and in so pan a loaded gun, not saying this would happen but it could't with spotter,

just saying

colin

edit to say it is very enjoyable to use something you have built yourself

Edited by colin lad

yes very true but scanning with a spotter there is no chance of an accident or forgetting a chambered round you could quite easily chamber a round to shoot a fox then it moves on a few yards half a dozen times and in so pan a loaded gun, not saying this would happen but it could't with spotter,

just saying

colin

edit to say it is very enjoyable to use something you have built yourself

+1 build your own you won't be disappointed