Steady away!

Guest Wilksy

Guest Wilksy

Set up at 2:30 this afty' not a pigeon in sight but that field is only one that's shootable( strip of weeds in really short rape) wind on my face, so not ideal, but I had a good feeling.

Told the wife I'd be back for 7, first pair came in straight away totally caught me off guard and missed them both! But after that steady away finish with 10 which I know is nowt special but judging my last 3 outings it felt great, anyway started to pack up at 7:30 and was mobbed! If I'd hit everyone would have doubled my bag, Sod's law eh? Back home for 8:30 and not in the dog house either, so a good day all round.

Guest Wilksy

Cheers mike! It was just that, nice to be out, and I forgot I had a Buzzard drop in to decoys, not great for attracting pigeons but nice to see!

Cheers mike! It was just that, nice to be out, and I forgot I had a Buzzard drop in to decoys, not great for attracting pigeons but nice to see!

Good old buzzards. I have had to literally chase them out of the decoys over the years as they were paying the dead birds a little to much attention. I had to shout at a red kite and do some frantic waving last weekend as it wanted some dead crow for lunch.

I went out on Saturday for 4.00 a.m and despite setting up in the wrong place and only having 2 shots in the first hour before moving it was just nice to be out. I got to watch a hare mooching about in the field which was spot on.