Discovery 2 central locking problem.

viking

if you get in touch with your local lr dealer they will be able to get you the I think its called eak code for the car. also as daft as it sounds but I had a similar problem with my td5 and it was as simple as a stray radio signal from somewhere as it only affected it outside my house for about 2 weeks so I had to park outside a house 3 doors down ?????? hope that helps

try this : (best done with 2 persons present for the bonnet opening).

Land Rover 1996 (Oval Shape)

Procedure

1. Ensure ignition is OFF, doors unlocked, bonnet switch closed.

2. Ensure procedure from 3 to 9 is completed within 8 seconds.

3. Switch Ignition ON

4. Switch Ignition OFF

5. Lock Doors and Unlock Doors

6. Release Bonnet Switch

7. Switch Ignition ON

8. Switch Ignition OFF

9. If alarm is set, horn will sound and LED with light. Now programming of plips can be completed.

10. Press and hold down button on plip until LED flashes.

11. Repeat for additional plips.

12. The dash LED will extinguish if both plips have been programmed successfully.

2002 models (BMW remote in key)

Procedure

1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.

2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds

3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button (has an arrow on it) for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button (has Land Rover logo) 3 times within 5 seconds

4. Release both buttons

5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred

Freelander (with Rover type 2 button remote)

Procedure

Unlock the car using the key, then operate the lock button on the handset at least 4 times.

Alternative Method

Procedure

Unlock the car using the key, then press lock & unlock buttons alternately several times

Alternative Method

Procedure

1. Lock car by using key in lock
2. Move out of range and press button on fob for 5 secs.
3. Unlock car door with key but do not open door
4. Standing near the vehicle, press the dotted button 4 times very quickly, the door should lock
5. Then press the unlock button and door should unlock.

been there new key fob needed (not transmitting) a company in Sutton coalfield does replacements they need to know a code from one of the disc type parts on the inside your fob a new fob is easy to program just need two people to sort as one has to do the bonnet alarm switch and the other does inside the car, can find company on land rover owner mag or google

didnt work mate, but thanks.

lee

if you get in touch with your local lr dealer they will be able to get you the I think its called eak code for the car. also as daft as it sounds but I had a similar problem with my td5 and it was as simple as a stray radio signal from somewhere as it only affected it outside my house for about 2 weeks so I had to park outside a house 3 doors down ?????? hope that helps

didnt work mate.but thanks.

try this : (best done with 2 persons present for the bonnet opening).

Land Rover 1996 (Oval Shape)

Procedure

1. Ensure ignition is OFF, doors unlocked, bonnet switch closed.

2. Ensure procedure from 3 to 9 is completed within 8 seconds.

3. Switch Ignition ON

4. Switch Ignition OFF

5. Lock Doors and Unlock Doors

6. Release Bonnet Switch

7. Switch Ignition ON

8. Switch Ignition OFF

9. If alarm is set, horn will sound and LED with light. Now programming of plips can be completed.

10. Press and hold down button on plip until LED flashes.

11. Repeat for additional plips.

12. The dash LED will extinguish if both plips have been programmed successfully.

2002 models (BMW remote in key)

Procedure

1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.

2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds

3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button (has an arrow on it) for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button (has Land Rover logo) 3 times within 5 seconds

4. Release both buttons

5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred

Freelander (with Rover type 2 button remote)

Procedure

Unlock the car using the key, then operate the lock button on the handset at least 4 times.

Alternative Method

Procedure

Unlock the car using the key, then press lock & unlock buttons alternately several times

Alternative Method

Procedure

1. Lock car by using key in lock
2. Move out of range and press button on fob for 5 secs.
3. Unlock car door with key but do not open door
4. Standing near the vehicle, press the dotted button 4 times very quickly, the door should lock
5. Then press the unlock button and door should unlock.

thanks chaps, will try this tomorrow.

lee

been there new key fob needed (not transmitting) a company in Sutton coalfield does replacements they need to know a code from one of the disc type parts on the inside your fob a new fob is easy to program just need two people to sort as one has to do the bonnet alarm switch and the other does inside the car, can find company on land rover owner mag or google

how much was a new fob mate.

cheers.

lee

didnt work mate, but thanks.

lee

didnt work mate.but thanks.

thanks chaps, will try this tomorrow.

lee

how much was a new fob mate.

cheers.

lee

Google remote key they are in Sutton coalfield they will be able to sort you out with costs of remote hope this helps

so took it to jake wrights over the road, called me today to say its been on diagnostics, not sure if he ment disco or key, but he said its the reciever in the head lining.

he ordered the part for me £50, i could of got one my self for £30, £40 for the test, half hour labor £22 £23 VAT.

getting it fitted at the weekend, with the side mouldings and new wipac 8" spotlights.

Is it a d2? Mine has just done the same, receiver in the headlining had water in it.

:good::good:

• 4 weeks later...