3 arms or 2 arms

im fairly sure this has been covered before in the last year............................

QUESTION....................

.......what is the best configuration for a pigeonmagnet..........3 arms or 2 ?

i believe most shop bought magnets are 2................but i am aware of 3 armed magnets

your thoughts gentlemen...........(and the odd lady)

The reason i ask ............is i have made a 2 armed wind driven rotary.....it is working and is very lightweight...but not quite efficient enough......i thought i might change the configuration to 3.... like on an Anomometer.............but wonderered if the birds would shy away from it...being tooo much so to speak...

every situation is different,some on hear say more movement the better

yeah... ive read the posts by motty and others who use 2 magnets sometimes........the rotary ive made, has an 8ft diameter...with 2 arms ...just wondering if it would look too cluttered with 3...!

I have a FOUR arm one, and two TWO armed ones. I know Darren Bailey at Shootinagandmore used to produce a very nice THREE armed one, and I wanted one, but he never replied to my email, and I believe he no longer makes the THREE armed ones :( it was called the MEGA, and had very large three extension arms too, so a massive turning circle.

I have a FOUR arm one, and two TWO armed ones. I know Darren Bailey at Shootinagandmore used to produce a very nice THREE armed one, and I wanted one, but he never replied to my email, and I believe he no longer makes the THREE armed ones :( it was called the MEGA, and had very large three extension arms too, so a massive turning circle.

interesting ...cheers :good:

i have a 3 arm magnet which has a way of making the wings flap as it goes round not seen one since i got it. but its heavy so i stick with the two arm one

My mate had one of those. They were reviewed by Jim Albone in the Sporting gun, years ago. It was far too big and heavy, really, and produced no better results than a 'standard' unit. He soon got rid.

Ditch,I have a four arm magnet, but I never use it.