24g Cartridges

MITCHF

Harnser, I've thought about it a lot, still am.

It's going to depend on how the shoulder heals and copes when I start again, but I am considering the A400 option so that I don't ruin the work that's been done.

Decisions , decisions :hmm:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

I had a bicep tendonesis ,they cut my shoulder tendon and screwed it in my shoulder just were I mount the gun,I then suffered a frozen shoulder after the operation,after a lot of pyhsio I am now recovering well,I started with semi auto and two pads in vest then after a year OU and isis 24 gram,Im now using a CG impact with Evo 24 gr with no pain but these things take time to heal.A good website for help with your shoulder recovery and guidance is Slaptear.com.

good luck Dave

Harnser, I've thought about it a lot, still am.

It's going to depend on how the shoulder heals and copes when I start again, but I am considering the A400 option so that I don't ruin the work that's been done.

Decisions , decisions :hmm:

Well good luck .

Harnser

evos have 2 products competition 1420fps and subsonic.

are we talking about the same?

What is printed on the box is all but an illusion :yes: , having shot both their 28/24g loads I would be extremely surprised if the latter is doing that kind of speed, felt more like 12-1300 to me. No matter, it is an excellent load and very recoil friendly and smashes most targets to smithereens.

Edited by Hamster

I use them through my B525. But to be fair, I've only ever really used superfast so lack comparisons. Plus I'm a lump so maybe that helps too.

Fair point, I suppose like most things it comes down to the individual's build, gun weight and gun fit etc. One of the punchiest cartridges I've tried In recent times were NSI's 21g load!

Edited by Ttfjlc

We're drifting off the topic here boys, I 'm looking for opinions on 21/24g.
If I can draw the the Superfast debate to a close, I've used them on numerous occasions before my shoulder Op and I don't like them at all.
Cheers PW members, got some good opinions and heard from a few guys who've had th same issue who have given some great tips.
Thanks
Cheers PW members, got some good opinions and heard from a few guys who've had the same issue who have given some great tips.
Thanks

Edited by MITCHF

Guest cookoff013

my 24g 1350fps homeload load is snappy, very snappy, it calculated broadly back to 1450fps MV, (ok guys thats a straight guess but i have solid 1350fps numbers at 2.5M)

the old adage would be you cant have a fast load that isnt punchy, i know that felt recoil and all that junk is relevant...

i`ve chased speed, powder efficiency, pressure efficiency, payload payoffs for shells that are 21grams - 32grams. one think i`ve noted more and more, its alot of effort to get 1400fps + if one reasonably limited oneself to 1300fps or even 1200fps and concentrate on load / shotsize compromise then the internal ballistics take care of themselfs...

most comercial loads never do expected speeds, and you should embrace the 1300fps limits,

my observation still is that shooting 28-24-21gram subsonic is even less measured recoil and felt recoil. i`m also going to say, just buy a box and have a try on some soft targets. believe me you may actually come to love them...

I was advised to try them by Rob Eaton - he uses em for nearly everything - I didn't stick with them though, but only because of confidence - I'm using 24g Trap Oro's now & vapouring targets but I still have a niggle at the back of my mind regarding the extra pellets in a 28g load. I've shot 21's 24's & 28's on the same layout - they all vapourise the clays if you put the pattern in the right place or even miss totally if you don't ;) The only difference is the felt recoil.

Hi, I shoot 24g all the time and my thoughts are.... If a shooter can win a gold medal at the Olympics using 24g cartridges then they are good enough for me !!!! I had the same situation some years ago and I found my shooting improved, So go for it and make your shooting comfortable.