Under Keeper

Hi

My name is Keelvin Stanton

I am looking for an under keepers position close to the faringdon oxfordshire Area. If this is not possible I would need live in accomidation as I dont drive as yet.

I have been beatind/shooting for many years and would like to take my hand to being a keeper. I dont have a massive ammount of experience in this area but I am a very Quick learner and willing to do anything within the role of keepering.

Greatley appretiated if anyone can help

Kind regards

Kelvin Stanton

Hi Kelvin,

Best thing to do is apply to one of the gamekeeping college's like Sparsholt or Newton Rigg and gain some extra qualifications and you'll prob get a placement on a shoot as part of your course, you'll get more experience working with headkeepers or beat keepers on shoots and maybe just maybe you could get taken on once college is finished, speaking from experience a lot of jobs you see advertised nearly all ask about experience, its not all about shooting vermin, its bloody hard work and can be very long hours,I'm not saying you won't get a job without going to college but it will make it easier to get a job in the keepering world, I hope you find yourself a job even a part time one just helping out, the more experience you get the better.