Another day on the Corvids!

Lord Geordie

Got a call again from Mike! Can I Make it down as there is another farm wanting some crow control.

I set off for mikes bright and early. Got there for 6:45 and mike was raring to go. I tossed my gear in the back of mikes motor and off we jolly well went!

We got to the farm for about 7:30 and the place was lifting. They were in between the buildings, in the barns, on the roof and in the surrounding paddocks,

We set up in a pile of nettles against the barn wall making a set of hides side by side! Out went the decoys and we hadn't even sat down before there were crows commiting to the decoys.

We sorted the gear into the hides and made a start! It couldn't have went any sweeter! Mike took a nice left to right crosser, and I bagged my first crow with the first shot. By the time we reloaded there was a stream of them crossing the trees on the boundary. Mike let fly again and another down. Then I took my second shot of the day. Miss, Oh well. My next wasn't a miss though and brought down another. This was pretty much the pattern of things all day although it did slow toward 10am. I fluffed a few due to my confetti carts, But Mike must have been dipping into my carts as there were a few missed sitters of his :lol: Not as bad as MINE I agree but we not half gave each other some stick :lol: :lol:

We ended the day with over 40 between us! Some on the roof of the barn but the majority in the paddock. Mainly crows but we managed a few pigeons between us too (not in the pic)

On the whole it was a belting day and in great company again!

Thanks again Mike!

Couple of pics from the hide!

2015-06-02_10_02_35.jpg

2015-06-02_10_02_40.jpg

2015-06-02_10_02_42.jpg

And a Bag shot

2015-06-02_11_07_45.jpg

Was thinking a bottle of scotch, but He just told me today he aint keen on whisky :whistling:

Used to love it but don't drink at all now adays :innocent::innocent::)

There was 50 on the clicker and we started to pack up as soon as i felt a spot of rain ( that never came)

Mag 357 and kdubya had 50 odd between them on the brothers farm.

Who when he rang me yesterday i thought he was going to cry when i told him i had already told his brother i would shoot there but would ask a couple of the lads if they would come...

We all met up at the local fishing lakes cafe for breakfast at 11am

well i had been up since 6am and was feeling peckish..Got to keep my strength up... :lol::lol:

Edited by hawkeye